Anaheim Lead Poisoning Lawyer
Lead poisoning is becoming an ever-growing public health concern in Anaheim, and throughout California. While anyone can suffer from lead poisoning, it is particularly dangerous for children. Lead is a toxic chemical that causes significant problems in the human body. Worse, the body does not recognize it as a toxin and so instead of trying to eliminate it, the body spreads it throughout the bloodstream. Lead accumulates faster in the bodies of children than it does in adults, which is why exposure causes much more serious symptoms in young people. Lead poisoning is usually preventable and often, it only occurs because of the negligence of another person. When property owners such as landlords and hotel owners do not ensure their premises are safe, people can suffer great harm. If you or someone you love has suffered from lead exposure, you may be able to file a claim for damages. Our Anaheim lead poisoning lawyer can help you claim the full settlement you deserve.Who is Most at Risk of Lead Poisoning?
Anyone who has come into contact with the toxic chemical can suffer from lead poisoning. Even a single instance of exposure can put someone at risk of suffering some of the most serious health issues. Still, some people are at a heightened risk of lead poisoning and they include:
- Children: Children can easily become exposed to lead when they play with flakes of lead-based paint or put them in their mouths. Playing with soil that has become contaminated with lead also places children at risk. Lead exposure has many long-term impacts for children including lower IQ levels and stunted growth.
- Pregnant women: Again, when lead enters the body it is distributed throughout the entire bloodstream, including the uterus. This makes lead exposure very dangerous for pregnant women and their unborn children. When a pregnant woman suffers from lead poisoning, it often results in a miscarriage.
- Industrial workers: Industrial workers are often exposed to lead in the workplace. Those most at risk are lead smelters, painters, automotive repair workers, and people who work with chemicals.
Given the fact that children can easily become exposed to lead and that it will have far-reaching effects for them, all parents should know the common symptoms to look for. These are as follows:
- Pain in the head or abdomen
- Behavioral issues
- A loss of muscle or bone growth
- Developmental delays
- Learning disabilities
- Hearing loss
- Kidney damage
- Kidney damage
- Nausea, with or without vomiting
Any time a child exhibits the above symptoms, a simple blood test can determine if they have high levels of lead in their system. If so, an Anaheim lead poisoning attorney can help you determine who is liable for paying the full damages your family deserves.Call Our Lead Poisoning Lawyer in Anaheim for Legal Help
At Brod Law Firm, our lead poisoning attorney in Anaheim has seen the harmful effects of exposure and is dedicated to helping families make things right. Call us now at (800) 427-7020 or reach out to us online to request a free consultation and to learn more about how we can help you claim a full settlement.