Bakersfield Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyer
Carbon monoxide has earned its name as the silent killer. This gas is odorless, colorless, and tasteless, and it kills between 400 and 500 people each year. Carbon monoxide poisoning also injures an additional 40,000 people annually. Bakersfield is governed by the many state laws that have been enacted to try and prevent more injuries and fatalities from carbon monoxide poisoning. One of the strictest laws pertains to dwellings, which are required to have carbon monoxide detectors installed. The law extends to hotel properties but unfortunately, business and property owners sometimes prioritize their own profits over the safety of their guests. If you have stayed at a hotel or motel in the city and have suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning, you are likely able to file a claim for damages. Our Bakersfield hotel carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer can help you claim the full compensation you deserve.How Does Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Happen?
Carbon monoxide is produced by combustible engines that use oil, gas, charcoal, wood, or kerosene as a fuel source. When the area around the combustible engine is not properly ventilated, the gas levels will climb very quickly and soon become fatal. Hotels have many areas that contain combustible engines and that could result in carbon monoxide poisoning. The most common of these include:
- Room heaters
- Charcoal grills
- Hot water heaters
- Parking garages
- Cooking ranges
- Wood-burning stoves
Many of these amenities are meant to enhance a visitor’s stay and make it more enjoyable. Unfortunately, when hotel owners do not make sure their premises are safe and properly ventilated, people become very sick. Any time carbon monoxide poisoning occurs as a result of a lack of an alarm, or a defective alarm, it means the hotel owner or manufacturer can be found negligent and held liable for paying damages, with the help of a hotel carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer in Bakersfield.What Are the Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Carbon monoxide poisoning is very difficult to diagnose. The symptoms that appear shortly after exposure largely resemble the flu and so, a diagnosis is not always made right away. Although carbon monoxide can result in a loss of consciousness, that is not always the case. As such, doctors sometimes have to look for other signs of exposure. For example, they may detect brain damage in a patient that has not hit their head or experienced any other type of trauma.
Confusion, extreme fatigue, vomiting, lack of muscle control, and issues with speech and eyesight are a few of the early signs carbon monoxide poisoning presents. Hotel guests may experience these symptoms while they are sleeping and as such, not realize the danger they are in.Our Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney in Bakersfield Can Help You Claim Full Damages
If you or a loved one has been exposed to carbon monoxide while staying in a hotel, you need sound legal advice. At Brod Law Firm, our Bakersfield carbon monoxide poisoning attorney has helped many families claim the compensation they deserve and he will put that experience to work for you, too. Call us now at (800) 427-7020 or reach out to us online to schedule a free review of your case.