Fairfield Bus Accident Lawyer
People take buses for many different reasons. Children take a bus to get to school, and many people use California’s public transportation system to get around the state. Private companies such as Greyhound also offer transportation, typically for long distance trips. Unfortunately, buses are no more immune to becoming involved in an accident than other vehicles. When they are involved in a crash, the injuries that result are usually quite severe. If you have been injured in a bus accident, it is important to speak to a Fairfield bus accident lawyer who can help you secure the maximum damages you deserve.What to Do After a Bus Accident
Bus accidents happen in an instant and they leave accident victims confused about the next steps they should take. The most important actions after a bus accident include:
- Seek medical attention: You must see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. Your health is the most important priority and if you do not seek medical help, the insurance company for the negligent party will deny that you were hurt.
- Collect evidence: The accident scene contains important evidence that is important to your claim. Take pictures or video of the entire scene, the vehicles involved, your injuries, and other relevant information.
- Contact a lawyer: You should call a lawyer as soon as possible after a bus accident. An attorney will determine who was at fault, collect further evidence, and help you navigate the claims process.
While these are the actions you should take, there are other steps you should never take after a crash. Most importantly, if an insurance company contacts you after the accident, always direct them to your bus accident attorney in Fairfield rather than speaking to them yourself.Compensation Available in Bus Accident Cases
The damages you receive after a bus accident will vary depending on the facts of your case. However, the most common types of damages in bus accident claims are as follows:
- Medical costs
- Lost wages, bonuses, and benefits
- Loss of earning capacity
- Expenses for long-term care
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
Certain types of damages, such as medical expenses, are easy to quantify and calculate. Others though, such as pain and suffering, are much more difficult. An experienced Fairfield bus accident lawyer can accurately evaluate your claim so you recover the maximum damages you need to make a full recovery.Call Our California Bus Accident Lawyers Today
If you have been hurt in a crash, a bus accident attorney in Fairfield can help. At Brod Law Firm, we have a proven track record of helping accident victims recover the damages they deserve. Claims involving buses are extremely complicated, particularly when they involve a public transit bus or a bus employed by a school district. Our experienced attorneys will overcome these challenges to help you recover the full amount of compensation you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a consultation and to learn more about how we can help.