Fairfield Electrocution Lawyer
The world runs on electrical currents, but when these currents come into contact with the human body, the results can be deadly. Electrocutions cause a number of serious injuries and many of them are caused by accidents that were completely preventable. Electrocutions are traumatic, and they are also common. If you or someone you love has been harmed by electrocution, it is important to speak to a Fairfield electrocution lawyer for help with your claim.Statistics on Electrocution Injuries
Most people do not think they will ever be harmed by an electrocution injury. However, even when a person takes all the necessary precautions when working around electricity, things such as faulty equipment and defective wiring can still cause an electrocution to occur. A recent study reveals some alarming statistics about electrocution injuries and just how common they are.
- Electrocutions cause over 1,000 deaths each year, including electric shocks caused by 400+ high voltage.
- Approximately 30,000 non-fatal electrocution accidents occur every year that result in serious injury to the victim.
- Non-fatal electrocution accidents result in approximately 5% of all admissions to hospital burn units.
- Electrocutions are the fourth-leading cause of workplace deaths.
- Most electrocution accidents, 80%, involve adults while only 20%t involve children.
These statistics show just how serious electrocution accidents are, and that they are not always the result of an accident victim’s carelessness.Damages Available After an Electrocution Accident
When an electrocution accident is the result of someone else’s negligence, you can file a claim for damages. No one can determine exactly the full amount of damages available, but an electrocution lawyer in Fairfield can advise you on the compensation you deserve after fully reviewing the facts of your case. The amount of damages you receive will depend on several factors, including:
- The seriousness of your injury
- The long-term effects you experienced due to the electrocution
- The income you lost as a result of the accident
- Your ability to return to the same line of work
- The pain and suffering you endured
- The degree of negligence the liable party exhibited
- Whether you need long-term or in-home care after the accident
- Whether the accident resulted in wrongful death
When evaluating the damages you deserve after an electrocution, a Fairfield electrocution attorney will consider not only your current damages, but any injuries or losses you will sustain in the future, as well.Our California Electrocution Lawyer Can Help You Claim Damages
Electrocution accidents are some of the most traumatic a person will ever endure. If you or a loved one has been injured by electrocution and it was due to the negligence of someone else, it is critical that you speak to an electrocution attorney in Fairfield today. At Brod Law Firm, we understand that after an accident, you need to focus on your recovery. We will take care of all legal aspects of your claim and help you recover the full damages you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case review.