Fairfield Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Thousands of pedestrians are killed every year by negligent drivers who do not pay attention. Even when a pedestrian survives an accident, that injured victim is left with serious injuries and often suffers permanent disabilities. These injuries are not only excruciatingly painful, but they are also expensive to treat. A Fairfield pedestrian accident lawyer can help accident victims secure the damages they need so they can work on making a full recovery.Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians do not have any protection if they are struck by a vehicle. Drivers have safety features such as seat belts and airbags, and even motorcyclists and bicyclists wear a helmet and other safety gear. Pedestrians do not have anything to lessen the force of impact and so, they sustain severe injuries after a crash. The most common injuries seen after a pedestrian accident include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to the lower extremities
- Internal bleeding
- Damage to internal organs
- Crush injuries
All of these injuries are life-changing and will keep an accident victim immobile for weeks, months, or even years.Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians who are hit by a motorist must prove that the driver was negligent before they can claim compensation. A pedestrian accident attorney in Fairfield can help with this. A driver’s negligence can take many forms, including:
- Distracted driving: When drivers take their eyes off the road, even only for a few seconds, they may not see a pedestrian and will crash into them. Distracted driving involves not only texting and driving, but also eating, drinking, dealing with rowdy passengers, and more.
- Drunk driving: Drunk drivers generally do not follow safe driving practices. Their reaction time is slowed, they have perception issues, and cannot properly control a vehicle.
- Traffic violations: Speeding up to make a light before it turns red, and driving recklessly are just two of the traffic violations that can lead to a pedestrian accident.
- Assault: Although no one wants to think about it, sometimes drivers become enraged and may intentionally hit a pedestrian. If these actions are considered criminal, the criminal case will not help a pedestrian secure the compensation they need. However, an injured victim can hold aggressive drivers liable in civil court.
Determining the cause of an accident to prove liability is difficult after a pedestrian accident, particularly when the injured individual is trying to recover from their injuries. A Fairfield pedestrian accident lawyer will know how to conduct an investigation to collect evidence and hold the negligent party liable.Call Our California Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, it is important that you speak to a pedestrian accident attorney in Fairfield today. At Brod Law Firm, we understand that pedestrians have rights, but that drivers on the road do not always want to uphold those rights. When they do not, we know how to hold them accountable. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation so we can review your case.