Fresno Truck Accident Lawyer
As the county seat of Fresno County and the largest city in the greater Central Valley Region, the City of Fresno is a thoroughfare for trucks. Residents and visitors alike rely on these large commercial vehicles to deliver the products they use every day. Unfortunately, commercial vehicles such as transport trucks, garbage trucks, and even tow trucks must share the road with other motorists. As truck drivers make their way to their destinations, accidents sometimes occur. When they do, it is the occupants of smaller vehicles that sustain serious and sometimes catastrophic injuries. If you have been injured, you can file a claim for compensation to offset the cost of your injuries and other losses. These claims are not easy to file, though. Our Fresno truck accident lawyer can help you obtain the full damages to which you are entitled.Common Injuries Sustained During Truck Accidents
Commercial trucks can weigh 20 to 30 times more than passenger vehicles, particularly when they are fully loaded. It is for this reason that people in smaller vehicles sustain severe, and often life-altering, injuries during a crash. Some of the most common of these include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries are usually caused by a blunt force to the head, such as when a head hits the dashboard inside of a car. Penetrating objects, such as shards of glass from a broken windshield, can also cause a traumatic brain injury. A TBI can cause ongoing emotional and cognitive issues, and victims often feel the effects for years to come.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can include herniated or bulging discs, strained muscles, broken vertebrae, and in the worst of cases, even paralysis.
- Injuries to extremities: Amputations and crushing injuries are just two types of injuries the extremities suffer during a truck accident.
- External injuries: Burns, cuts, bruises, and other injuries that are visible on the body are known as external injuries, and they are very common after a truck accident.
One of the most challenging parts of any truck accident claim is determining who is liable or at fault for the crash, and a truck accident attorney in Fresno can help you with this. There are many parties who can act negligently and contribute to a truck accident, but the most common of these are as follows:
- Truck drivers who act negligently by driving while fatigued, impaired, or distracted,
- Trucking companies that do not implement proper training, hiring, or maintenance practices,
- Companies responsible for loading or unloading the truck,
- Truck manufacturers, if a defective part caused the crash, and
- Government entities that failed to properly maintain roads.
If you have been injured, our Fresno truck accident attorney at Brod Law Firm can determine who is liable for the crash and hold them fully accountable for paying the financial compensation you are entitled to. Call us now at (800) 427-7020 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case evaluation and to learn more about how our experienced attorney can help.