Glendale Car Accident Lawyer
After sustaining serious injuries in a car accident, the last thing you want to do is try and obtain the fair compensation you deserve from the insurance company. The insurer knows this and so, they will offer you a lowball settlement within the days, or even hours, following your crash, hoping you will accept it. Although this is tempting, doing so will result in a forfeiture of your right to full damages. Our Glendale car accident lawyer will fight for you to receive the maximum compensation you need during your recovery.California Law on Car Accidents
There are a number of laws in California that govern Glendale car accidents. The three you should know include:
- Limits on insurance policies: All drivers are required by law to carry certain amounts of liability insurance. The minimum insurance all motorists must purchase includes $15,000 for injury or death to one person, or $30,000 for the entire accident. Once you hit these policy limits, you cannot claim more from the insurer, but you can file a lawsuit directly against the negligent party.
- Comparative negligence: If you contributed to the accident and are partly at fault, you can still file a claim for damages. However, any damages you are awarded will be reduced by your own percentage of fault.
- Statute of limitations: The statute of limitations, or time limit, on your claim is two years from the date of the accident. If you do not file your claim within this time period, you will lose your right to damages.
Although the above are important laws that govern car accident claims, there are others that may apply to your case, as well. A car accident lawyer in Glendale can advise you of what these are, and guide you through the process.Common Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
Many car accidents in Glendale are minor, but others are very serious and have long-lasting impacts for victims. The most common injuries sustained during car accidents are as follows:
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Back injuries
- Permanent disabilities
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
The above injuries are extremely painful, and often debilitating for victims. They are also expensive to treat. Filing a claim can help you recover your medical expenses, lost income, and other losses you incurred as a result of the crash.Our Car Accident Attorney in Glendale Can Help You Claim Maximum Damages
Although you can likely file a claim for damages after a car accident, you should not file a claim on your own. At Brod Law Firm, our Glendale car accident attorney will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and help you navigate the process so you receive the full amount of compensation you need to recover from your injuries. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case review with our knowledgeable attorney and to get the sound legal advice you need.