Glendale Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyer
Carbon monoxide poisoning causes between 400 and 500 fatalities every year in California. Even those who survive exposure suffer from permanent damage to the brain, heart, and neurological system. Approximately 40,000 people a year suffer from these types of injuries. To prevent additional injuries and fatalities, California legislators have enacted strict laws. Under these laws, all dwellings must have carbon monoxide detectors installed. This includes the many hotels found in Glendale. Sadly, many property owners choose to take shortcuts in an effort to save money and so, they do not comply with these laws and people become hurt. If you or someone you love has been hurt by exposure, you may be able to file a claim for damages. Our Glendale carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer can help you obtain the maximum settlement you deserve.How Does Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Occur?
Combustion engines that use fuel such as oil, gas, charcoal, wood, or kerosene all create carbon monoxide. When the areas these engines are located in are not properly ventilated, it can result in carbon monoxide that does serious harm. Some of the most common devices that use fuel-combustion engines include:
- Charcoal grills
- Hot water heaters
- Wood-burning stoves
- Cooking ranges
There are many areas that contain these fuel-burning devices. Carbon monoxide poisoning can happen in one’s own home, hotels, parking garages, restaurants, and other businesses. Property owners are responsible for ensuring their premises are safe, which includes making sure carbon monoxide detectors are properly installed and that areas are properly ventilated. When they fail to meet this duty, it is considered negligence, and property owners can be held liable with the help of a carbon monoxide poisoning attorney in Glendale.What are the Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Carbon monoxide poisoning is very difficult to diagnose, which is partly why it is known as the silent killer. The first signs of carbon monoxide poisoning are very similar to those of the flu. An upset stomach, vomiting, and chest pain are some of the earliest symptoms of exposure. A medical professional may miss the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and instead, diagnose a patient with the common cold or flu.
Even worse, people staying on someone else’s property, such as in a hotel or an AirBnb, may wake up in the middle of the night experiencing these symptoms. Thinking they are just catching a common cold or the flu, they may go back to sleep. Tragically, sometimes this only leaves people more exposed and they do not survive it.Call Our Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyer in Glendale for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has suffered from carbon monoxide while staying on someone else’s property, you need sound legal advice. At Brod Law Firm, our Glendale carbon monoxide poisoning attorney can identify the liable party and hold them fully accountable for paying the full and fair settlement you deserve. Call us now at (800) 427-7020 or fill out our online form to request a free review of your case and to get the legal help you need.