Los Angeles Broken Bone Injury Lawyer
Broken bones are extremely painful, and they are also expensive to treat. Recovery periods are usually long, and your medical bills will quickly mount and become an unreasonable burden. If you have suffered a fracture due to the negligent or careless actions of another person, you may be eligible to claim damages. This compensation can help with the financial burden, lowering your stress as you continue treatment. A Los Angeles broken bones injury lawyer can help you claim the full settlement you deserve.What Causes Broken Bones?
Our personal injury lawyer has helped clients that have suffered broken bones in many different types of accidents. The most common causes of broken bones are as follows:
- Bicycle accidents: Cyclists do not have any protection, other than perhaps a helmet. When they fall off their bike and hit the ground during a crash, broken bones are very likely.
- Car accidents: Even a minor car accident can result in fractures and broken bones. Serious car accidents can lead to more catastrophic injuries, such as crushed bones.
- Construction accidents: Construction workers are at great risk for suffering a broken bone if a body part gets caught in equipment, or if they fall, particularly from a great height.
- Pedestrian accident: When a vehicle crashes into a pedestrian, the impact can result in broken bones. A person may sustain other injuries such as broken wrists, ankles, and more during the actual fall.
- Slip and falls: Broken wrists, legs, shoulders, and hands are very common after a slip and fall accident.
- Truck accidents: Trucks are much larger and much heavier than other vehicles and so, the impact is much more forceful during a crash. As such, broken bones are very common.
Even when you know what caused your accident, determining which party is liable is not always so easy. A broken bone injury lawyer in Los Angeles can identify the liable party and hold them accountable for paying the damages you deserve.Types of Broken Bones
There are many different types of broken bone injuries and the type you suffered will impact the amount of damages you can claim. The most common type of broken bone injuries are as follows:
- Hairline fractures, which are small cracks that do not always appear in an X-ray
- Simple fractures, which do not puncture the skin
- Compound fractures, which do puncture the skin
- Avulsion fractures, when parts of the bone, ligament or tendon separates
- Buckle fracture, which is a severe bend, but not a break
- Transverse fractures, which occur across the surface of the bone and causes the bone to snap into different pieces
All of the above types of broken bone injuries are very serious and require medical treatment immediately.Our Broken Bone Injury Attorney in Los Angeles Can Help You Claim Damages
If you have been hurt in an accident, let our Los Angeles broken bone injury attorney at Brod Law Firm handle every aspect of your claim while you focus on your recovery. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case review.