Malibu Truck Accident Lawyer
Transport trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are an important part of the economy in Malibu. These large vehicles carry and deliver the products people in the city use every day. Unfortunately, these vehicles pose dangers to the motorists who share the road with them. Commercial trucks are immensely large and extremely heavy. Truck drivers are expected to know how to operate their vehicles safely, while trucking companies are responsible for only hiring experienced and competent drivers. When any party acts negligently and fails to take the proper measures, people become severely injured. If you have been hurt, you can file a claim against the negligent party who caused the accident. Going up against the trucking companies and the insurers who cover them is never easy, though. Our Malibu truck accident lawyer can help you claim the full compensation that is justly yours.How to Determine Liability in a Truck Accident
One of the first steps in any truck accident case is to determine who was liable, or at fault, for the crash. This is particularly difficult after a crash involving a truck because there are multiple parties who could be liable. The most common of these are as follows:
- Truck drivers: Just like any other motorist on the road, it is not uncommon for truck drivers to act negligently. They may drive while impaired, distracted, or take other actions that could cause an accident. When they do, they can be held liable for paying damages.
- Trucking companies: Trucking companies do not always make sure they are hiring capable drivers, and they do not always train them properly, either. Sometimes, a trucking company may even offer incentives for the trucker to break the law and stay on the road longer than the law allows.
- Loading companies: Truck drivers do not always load their own trucks. This task is often done by loading companies. When these companies do not load a truck properly, it can throw the entire truck off balance. Truck drivers can also become seriously injured when heavy cargo, such as tires, is not loaded properly and falls out of the truck after the driver has reached their destination.
A Malibu truck accident attorney will know how to identify the liable parties and hold them accountable for paying full damages.Important Evidence in Truck Accident Claims
After you have determined who is liable for your crash, you then must prove it using strong evidence. Some of the best evidence used in these cases includes:
- Log books maintained by the truck driver
- Black box data
- GPS data
- Evidence from the scene, including pictures of tire marks, video footage, and more
- Eyewitness statements
- Medical records
- Documents obtained from the trucking company, such as employment records
A lawyer can also collect the evidence that will prove your case while you focus on getting better.Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Malibu Can Provide Sound Legal Advice
If a crash has caused you serious injury, it is critical to speak to a truck accident attorney in Malibu. At Brod Law Firm, our seasoned attorney has the necessary experience to determine who is liable for your injuries and will prove your case so you obtain a full and fair settlement. Call us now at (800) 427-7020 or reach out to us online to schedule a free review of your case.