Pasadena Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Every year, thousands of pedestrians are killed due to negligent and careless drivers who do not pay close attention to the road and their surroundings. Even when a pedestrian is not killed, the injuries they will sustain during a crash are some of the most serious. Often, victims are left with permanent disabilities that impact them for the rest of their life. These catastrophic injuries are very painful, as well as expensive to treat. If you have been hurt, you should not have to bear the financial price along with your own pain and suffering. Our Pasadena pedestrian accident lawyer can provide the legal advice you need to help you obtain the full and fair damages you deserve.Common Injuries Sustained During Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrians are incredibly exposed when they are out walking. Without any type of protection at all, they sustain some of the most serious injuries when they are struck by a vehicle. Unlike motorists and even cyclists, pedestrians do not have seat belts, airbags, or even helmets that can protect them from the force of the crash. As such, some of the most common injuries sustained during pedestrian accidents include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Injuries to the lower extremities
- Crushing injuries
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
All of the above injuries are severe, and they can impact a pedestrian for weeks, months, and even years to come. In some cases, a pedestrian may never fully recover from their injuries. If you have been injured in any way, a pedestrian accident attorney in Pasadena can help.What Causes Pedestrian Accidents?
The vast majority of pedestrian accidents are caused by negligent drivers. The negligent acts that most commonly cause these accidents include:
- Impaired driving: When a driver is impaired by alcohol or drugs, they experience perception issues, they have slower reaction times, and they usually make poor decisions. All of these can easily cause them to crash into a pedestrian.
- Distracted driving: Any time a driver stops focusing on the road in front of them, they may not have enough time to stop for a pedestrian in their path. Texting while driving is not the only type of dangerous distraction. Eating, drinking, listening to loud music, and rowdy passengers are other common types of distractions.
- Violations of traffic law: Traffic laws are in place to keep people safe, and any violation of them can cause a serious accident. Speeding, ignoring traffic signs, and reckless driving are just a few of the most common types of traffic law violations that cause a crash.
- Left turns: A driver may attempt to turn left but fail to make sure a pedestrian is not crossing the road until it is too late.
If you have been hurt by a negligent driver, our Pasadena pedestrian accident attorney at Brod Law Firm can help you claim the full settlement you need to recover from your injuries. Call us now at (800) 427-7020 or connect with us online to schedule a free review of your case and to learn more.