Richmond Aviation Accident Lawyer
Some people have a deep fear of flying, while others love it and think there is no chance an accident could happen. Although it is true that most flights are safe to take, sometimes a person’s negligence can cause a crash. When an aviation accident occurs, it results in some of the worst injuries and often, even death. If you or your loved one has been in an accident involving a plane, helicopter or any other type of aircraft, it is critical that you speak to a Richmond aviation accident lawyer as soon as possible.Statistics on Aircraft Accidents
Air travel is one of the safest forms of transportation, but it does not come without its fair share of accidents. Some of the most startling statistics on aviation accidents include:
- Over 50 million commercial and unscheduled flights take place every year.
- Over 4 billion passengers travel by plane every year.
- According to the US National Safety Council, the odds of being killed in a plane crash are much lower than being involved in a car accident. While only one in 205,552 flights result in a fatal crash every year, one in 102 car accidents are fatal for those involved.
- The main cause of airplane accidents is negligence or carelessness by the pilot or flight crew.
- Between the years 2016 and 2019, fatal helicopter crashes increased dramatically.
- The fatality rate for all aircraft types is 0.84 fatal crashes for every 100,000 flight hours.
Contrary to what many people believe, not all aviation accidents result in death. However, they still result in serious injuries that have life-lasting effects for victims. An aviation accident attorney in Richmond can help accident victims that have been injured in a crash, or that have lost a loved one due to an aircraft accident.Common Aviation Accident Injuries
Due to the nature of aviation accidents, the injuries that result are very serious. Some of the most catastrophic injuries that result from these crashes include:
- Multiple broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head injuries
- Burns, which often result in permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Wrongful death
Not all injuries that result from an aviation accident are physical. Many people that survive an aircraft accident suffer from emotional trauma. This trauma can result in individuals being scared to ever board a plane again, and even seeing a plane in the sky may be enough to cause victims to relive the trauma they felt during and after the accident.A Richmond Aviation Accident Lawyer can Help You Claim Damages After a Crash
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an accident involving an aircraft, our aviation accident attorney in Richmond can help. At Brod Law Firm, we know how complex these cases can become, and how to overcome the challenges they present. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case review and to learn more about how we can help you claim the full amount of compensation you deserve.