Richmond Motorcycle Accident
Riding a motorcycle through Richmond is an incredibly freeing experience, but it is one that does not always end well. Drivers are often distracted or fail to look for motorcyclists, and this results in extremely serious accidents. Bikers usually face long recovery times afterwards, and their medical bills pile up while they are unable to earn an income to pay for them. To claim the compensation that can help with these expenses, crash victims should always speak to a Richmond motorcycle accident lawyer that can help.Helmet Laws in Richmond
California is a universal helmet state. This means that all riders of all ages are required to wear a helmet while they are on a bike. Failure to comply with this law may indicate negligence, which is harmful to a personal injury case. The other side is likely to argue that when a rider does not wear a helmet, they are failing to prevent serious injuries, or mitigate those sustained during a crash. This can greatly reduce the compensation accident victims can claim, which is why the help of a motorcycle accident attorney in Richmond is critical to the outcome of your case.Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Richmond
Contrary to the bias commonly held by juries and insurance companies, most motorcycle accidents are not caused by the biker. In most instances, negligent drivers are the cause of these crashes. The most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Failure to pay attention: Drivers look out for other cars, but they often fail to see smaller vehicles, such as motorcycles, until it is too late.
- Left turns: Drivers making left turns pose a serious risk to bikers that are heading straight through the intersection. Again, drivers do not pay attention and watch for motorcyclists and it results in one of the top causes of crashes.
- Speeding: When drivers speed, they do not have enough room in front of them to slow down or come to a full stop before crashing into a motorcycle ahead of them.
- Drunk driving: Even with all of the awareness surrounding the dangers of drunk drivers, too many motorists still get behind the wheel after having one too many. This slows their reaction time and causes them to use poor judgment.
- Fatigued driving: It has been shown that drowsy driving is just as dangerous as drunk driving, as it also slows reaction time and when tired, drivers cannot focus on the road.
When any of these acts of negligence cause an accident, injured motorcyclists can hold them liable for paying compensation.Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Richmond can Help
Being involved in a motorcycle accident is always scary, but a Richmond motorcycle accident lawyer at the Brod Law Firm is here to help. We know how to deal with the insurance companies to secure the fair settlement you deserve and when necessary, take them to trial to hold them accountable. We will assist with the entire process and take care of every detail. If you have been hurt, call us at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.