Richmond Truck Accident Lawyer
Transport trucks, also known as big rigs, 18-wheelers, and semis, are crucial to the economy because they deliver goods such as food, fuel, and other necessities throughout Richmond. Unfortunately, sometimes truck drivers and other parties are negligent and cause crashes between transports and smaller vehicles. These are some of the worst crashes seen on Richmond’s roads, and when they occur, accident victims are often left with life-changing injuries. Although accident victims can seek compensation for those injuries, a Richmond truck accident lawyer can help injured individuals secure the fair settlement they deserve.Common Types of Truck Accidents in Richmond
When people think of truck accidents, they often think of a big rig smashing into another vehicle. Although these types of crashes certainly happen, there are other common types of accidents, as well. The most common truck accidents include:
- T-bone accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Sideswipe accidents
- Jackknife accidents in which the trailer swerves and is perpendicular to the cab
- Underride accidents in which a car slides underneath the trailer of a truck
- Trailer detachment accidents
- Tire blowouts
- Truck rollover accidents
When these or any other type of truck accident happens, victims can file a claim for compensation with the help of a truck accident attorney in Richmond.Damages Available After a Truck Accident
After a truck accident, victims sustain many types of injuries and losses. California law recognizes that injured individuals deserve to be compensated for these damages. Through a personal injury claim, accident victims can seek:
- Current and future medical bills
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages, in cases when the liable party acted with gross negligence
After reviewing a case, a Richmond truck accident lawyer can determine the full amount of damages accident victims deserve.Why Accident Victims Need the Help of a Lawyer
Accident victims can represent themselves in a truck accident claim, but it is highly advised that they do not. All accident cases are complicated but truck accident cases are particularly complex. A lawyer will be able to:
- Sort through the many potential liable parties to determine who was at fault for the crash.
- Accurately evaluate the total amount of your losses, including non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
- Determine how the rules set out by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) apply to a case.
- Collect records from the trucking company showing when inspections and maintenance were performed.
- Conduct an investigation and gather evidence.
- Collect medical records to substantiate your claim.
- Deal with the insurance company.
Essentially, a lawyer will be extremely familiar with the claims process and help accident victims that have never dealt with those types of claims before.Hurt in a Crash? Call Us
Truck accident victims should always file a claim for compensation after a truck crash, but they should not do it on their own. At the Brod Law Firm, a truck accident attorney in Richmond can walk you through the claims process and give you the best chance of securing the fair settlement you deserve. If you or a loved one has been hurt, call us today at (800) 427-7020 for a free case evaluation.