Sacramento Aviation Accident Lawyer
Planes, helicopters, and other types of aircraft have revolutionized the way people travel today. Tragically, these forms of transportation are not immune to accidents and when a crash occurs, it results in some of the most devastating injuries. It is easy to believe that when an aviation accident occurs, it is only those on board that suffer significant injuries. However, a type of aircraft falling out of the sky can also result in the worst types of injuries for those below. If you have been injured, or an accident has resulted in the wrongful death of a loved one, it is crucial to speak to a Sacramento aviation accident lawyer as soon as possible.Types of Aviation Accidents
People today travel on different types of aircraft for a variety of reasons. Whatever the purpose of the flight though, any type of aircraft can result in an injury or death. Some of the most common forms of air travel that result in a crash include:
- Accidents involving a commercial airline
- Charter plane, private plane, and corporate flight crashes
- General aviation, usually involving small planes for personal use
- Accidents involving military aircraft
- Helicopter crashes
Regardless of whether someone travels for recreational or commercial purposes, it is always important to determine the reason for the crash, so the appropriate person can be held liable. An aviation accident attorney in Sacramento can help.Who is Liable for an Aviation Accident?
In most cases, it is the negligence of the pilot or flight crew that results in an accident. Pilots may not focus on potential hazards in the sky, or the flight crew could be careless when securing the aircraft. However, these are not the only two potentially liable parties in an aviation accident. Other liable parties could include:
- Airlines: Airlines and operating companies are responsible for ensuring their aircraft is safe to use and that all aircraft receive the proper inspections and maintenance. When they fail to do this, they can be held liable for a crash.
- Private owners: Not all airplane accidents involve an airline. When an aircraft is owned by someone privately, they have all the same responsibilities as airlines. If they do not meet those obligations, they can be held liable.
- Aircraft manufacturers: Like all manufacturers, the company that created the aircraft is responsible for ensuring their product is safe to use. When an aircraft, or any part of an aircraft is defective, the manufacturer can be held liable.
- Maintenance companies or workers: An airline or private owner may take all precautions to ensure their fleet is properly inspected and maintained. When the maintenance company, or anyone that works for that company, is negligent in maintaining the aircraft, they can be held liable.
Determining which party is responsible for an aviation accident is extremely difficult. A Sacramento aviation accident lawyer can determine who to hold accountable for a crash.Call Our California Aviation Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in or by an aircraft, it is essential to speak to an aviation accident attorney in Sacramento today. At Brod Law Firm, our attorneys have the necessary experience to file these complication claims, collect evidence to prove your case, and ensure you recover the full amount of damages you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case review and to learn more about how we can help.