Sacramento Brain Injury Lawyer
Brain injuries are more common than many people think. A brain injury will not only have a long-lasting impact for the accident victim, but for the victim’s family members, as well. Brain injuries can cause a number of issues, sometimes requiring long-term care for the victim, and can prevent that person from ever working again. All of these situations can negatively affect the entire family’s quality of life. If you or a loved one has suffered this type of catastrophic injury, a Sacramento brain injury lawyer can help you claim the damages you deserve.What is a Brain Injury?
In medical terms, a brain injury is any impact to the brain that results in the disruption of the normal function of the brain. Brain injuries are typically either open or closed.
A closed brain injury, such as a concussion, does not result in the brain being penetrated and is typically caused by blunt force trauma to the head. An open brain injury refers to when the scalp or skull is broken, penetrated, or fractured. Most often this is a result of a foreign object penetrating the skull and causing damage as it enters the brain.How are Brain Injuries Diagnosed?
Like all injuries, diagnosing a brain injury begins with a thorough physical exam and an analysis of the patient’s history. A doctor will ask the patient several questions while looking for signs and symptoms of a brain injury. While conducting the physical exam, a doctor will look for signs of neurological damage, such as:
- The patient’s inability to follow multiple-step instructions
- The patient’s consciousness level
- Tingling or numbness in any part of the body, particularly the fingers or toes
If the doctor suspects the patient has suffered a brain injury, they will conduct a number of tests, including x-rays, a CT scan, and an MRI to fully diagnose the injury. All of these tests are expensive, and treatment for the brain injury can also cost thousands of dollars. A brain injury attorney in Sacramento can help accident victims and their families recover these costs.How can a Lawyer Help With Your Brain Injury Case?
If you have suffered a brain injury, it is crucial that you speak with a lawyer who can help with your case. Your Sacramento brain in jury lawyer will:
- Provide resources to help you find the best medical treatment available
- Collect and analyze the documents pertaining to the case with great attention to detail
- Determine which party was liable for the accident and hold them accountable for their negligence
- Explain the law as it applies to your case and provide steady guidance through the decision-making process
- Help you and your family recover the financial awards that will help with the cost of your injuries, including pain and suffering
- File the appropriate paperwork with the court
- Negotiate with the other side, and their insurance company
- Take the case to trial, if necessary
Throughout the entire personal injury process, an attorney will act as your advocate and will always work in your best interests.Call Our California Brain Injury Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, do not hesitate to call a brain injury attorney in Sacramento. At Brod Law Firm. we know how to determine which party was negligent and caused your serious injury, and we will hold them liable for paying the full amount of compensation you need. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation.