Sacramento Burn Injury Lawyer
Many people think that burns are minor injuries, but truthfully, they are often catastrophically serious. A person may suffer a number of different types of burns, and the treatment for them is not only painful, but it is also expensive. Accident victims often cannot afford the treatment on their own. Fortunately, California law allows accident victims to file a personal injury claim to recover all of their losses. A Sacramento burn injury lawyer can give injured individuals the best chance of securing the maximum amount of damages they are due.Types of Burns
One person’s negligence can result in a number of different types of burns, depending on the kind of accident in which you were involved. The most common types of burns include:
- Chemical burns: Chemical burns can result in exposure to a strong base or acid that result in severe burns.
- Electrical burns: Electrical burns typically result from an exposure to electricity. These burns are often a result of a person’s negligence, such as when wires are not properly encased or electrical systems are improperly installed.
- Gas explosions: These types of burns are typically a result of a car accident when a gas tank explodes. However, faulty gas lines, stoves, and heaters can also result in a burn from a gas explosion.
- Fire-related burns: Of course, fires can also cause extensive burns. Some types of negligence that result in these burns include unattended cigarettes and cigars, cooking accidents, and fireworks.
- Scalding: These burns occur from hot liquids such as steam and hot liquids rather than direct contact with heat. They are responsible for approximately one-third of all burn injuries.
Regardless of the type of burn someone sustained, the treatment for them is typically costly, and painful. A burn injury attorney in Sacramento can help you pursue compensation from the party responsible for your injuries.Treatment for Burns
After sustaining a burn injury, a person’s nerve endings often become damaged, which is much more painful than other types of personal injuries. Medical experts often state that burn injuries are much more painful than other types of injuries. Additionally, burns also become infected quite often, which means additional treatment is necessary.
Treating burns often involves the surgical removal of tissue that died as a result of the burn. This is known as debridement. In instances that the damaged tissue is severe and cannot easily be healed, a skin graft is sometimes necessary. Skin grafts involve removing a piece of undamaged skin on the body and placing it on the injured area. Burn victims also often require physical therapy to reduce scarring and keep the injured area mobile. Skin grafts do not expand, so when a person sustains a burn injury as a child, skin grafts sometimes have to be replaced.A Burn Injury Attorney in Sacramento Can Help with Your Case
If you have been in an accident and have sustained burns as a result, a Sacramento burn injury lawyer at Brod Law Firm is here to help. We know the complexities that arise in these claims, and how to overcome them to give you the best chance of securing the damages you need. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case review.