Sacramento Lead Poisoning Lawyer
In San Francisco and throughout the United States, children have unsafe levels of lead in their bodies and it is interfering with their development. Lead is toxic for all human beings, but for children, it is particularly dangerous. Children accumulate lead more quickly than adults and when they do, it can interfere with the growth of their brain and their development. Damage from lead poisoning is irreversible, and children may live with the harmful effects for the rest of their lives. If your child has developed lead poisoning due to another person’s negligence, it is important to know you can collect damages for your child’s medical expenses and more. A Sacramento lead poisoning lawyer can help you claim the maximum damages you and your family deserve.Who is Most at Risk for Lead Poisoning?
Anyone who is exposed to lead or comes into contact with the substance is at risk for lead poisoning. Even being exposed only once is enough to cause issues. Still, there are some people who are more at risk than others. These individuals include:
- Industrial workers: Workers in certain industries, such as automotive repair, chemical workers, lead smelters, and painters are at a heightened risk of being exposed to lead in the workplace.
- Pregnant women: Once lead has made its way into the body, the body mistakes it for a mineral that is healthy and beneficial, and it is distributed throughout the entire system. When a woman is pregnant, the lead is carried to the uterus, and causes damage to the fetus. Sometimes when a pregnant woman is exposed to lead, the pregnancy will end in a miscarriage.
- Children: Even being exposed to small levels of lead can stunt a child’s growth and lower their IQ. Children are typically exposed to lead through paint flakes, outdated plumbing systems, and contaminated soil.
If you or your child suffers from lead poisoning, it is important to know you may be able to file a claim for damages if someone else’s negligence caused the exposure, with the help of a lead poisoning lawyer in Sacramento.Symptoms of Lead Poisoning in Children
Lead poisoning has a number of troubling symptoms. It is important to know what these are, and to look for them if you suspect your child was exposed to lead. The most common symptoms of lead poisoning are as follows:
- Pain in the head or abdomen
- Behavioral issues
- A loss of muscle or bone growth
- Delays in development
- Hearing loss
- Kidney damages
- Learning disabilities
- Nausea with or without vomiting
Unfortunately, the above are just a few symptoms seen after lead exposure. If you notice you or your child are experiencing symptoms, speak to a lead poisoning attorney in Sacramento today.Call Our California Lead Poisoning Lawyer Now
If you or your child has suffered from lead poisoning, our Sacramento lead poisoning attorney at Brod Law Firm can help. Attorney Brod has the necessary experience to prove these claims and can help you recover the full compensation you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation.