Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
You only have one brain, and when you are in an accident, it may never function in the same way again. On the other hand, it is not uncommon for people who have suffered from a traumatic brain injury to find that they can return to doing the things they once loved after recovering from the injury. If you or someone you love has suffered a traumatic brain injury due to the negligence of another person, it is important to speak to a Sacramento traumatic brain injury lawyer for help with your case.Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
No one ever expects to sustain a traumatic brain injury, but they happen more often than people think. The most common causes of traumatic brain injuries are as follows:
- Slip and fall accidents: When a person slips and falls, it is quite likely that they will hit their head, resulting in a traumatic brain injury.
- Acts of violence: Acts of violence, such as sexual assault, can also result in a traumatic brain injury. A person may be pushed down and hit their head, or a weapon could penetrate the skull and brain, such as a knife or a shotgun wound.
- Auto accidents: A person’s brain can become injured during an auto accident in a number of ways. They may hit their head on an object in the car, or on the ground if they are thrown from the vehicle. Other objects, such as broken glass, can also penetrate a person’s brain or skull.
- Bicycle accidents: Even when a cyclist is wearing a helmet, it is no match for other vehicles or the ground if they are involved in an accident. Bicycle accidents are a common cause of traumatic brain injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians do not typically have a helmet protecting their head, so they are at great risk of sustaining a traumatic brain injury if they are involved in an accident.
Sadly, these are just a few of the most common causes of traumatic brain injuries. When a person sustains this very serious injury and someone else was at fault, a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Sacramento can help them recover the damages they deserve.Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries sometimes show several symptoms right away. These include a loss of consciousness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, and sensory issues. However, other times, traumatic brain injuries do not present any symptoms at all. It may be days or weeks later that a person starts to notice symptoms or, they may suffer a serious injury and never know it. It is for this reason that it is crucial to seek medical attention after suffering head trauma so a doctor can examine you and check for this type of injury.Our Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney Can Help with Your Case
If you or someone you love has suffered a traumatic brain injury, it is important to obtain sound legal advice. At Brod Law Firm, a traumatic brain injury attorney in Sacramento will identify the liable party and hold them accountable for paying the damages you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation.