San Francisco Boat Accident Lawyer
The San Francisco Bay is one of the world’s premier spots for boating, but there are others around the city, as well. Stow Lake, Lake Merced, and South Bay are just a few other very popular locations that make for a great day on the water. Unfortunately, not all boating outings end with just a good tan and great memories. Boating accidents are quite common in San Francisco and when they occur, they result in some of the most serious injuries. If you have been injured in a boating accident, our San Francisco boat accident lawyer can help you recover the damages you deserve.What Causes Boat Accidents in San Francisco?
Most boat accidents are caused by the negligent actions of boat operators. The most common careless acts that result in boat accidents include:
- Inadequate lookouts on boats
- Failure to pay attention
- Inexperienced boat operators
- Defective machinery and equipment on boats
- Boating under the influence
- Failure to abide by navigational and maritime rules and laws
- Poor weather conditions
- Forceful wakes and wakes
- Dangerous water conditions
Even when a boating accident does not seem to have been caused by negligence, such as when dangerous water conditions are present, negligent actions may still be a factor. Boat operators are responsible for checking weather and water conditions before they head out, and making sure they have the skill and experience to navigate those conditions safely. A boat accident lawyer in San Francisco can help prove another person was negligent and caused the crash.Common Boat Accident Injuries
Accident victims can suffer a number of different injuries when they are out on the water. Some of the most common injuries that form the basis of boating accident claims include:
- Drowning: It is very easy for people to get thrown overboard during a boating accident, or the vessel may become full of water during a crash. Both of these events can result in a drowning accident.
- Spinal cord injuries: Boats will often bounce violently up and down on the water during an accident, particularly when there are large waves or a wake. This can cause the people onboard to violently move up and down as well, which can result in a spinal cord injury. Herniated discs are the most common spinal cord injury seen after a boat accident.
- Brain injuries: Even when a person does not drown after being submerged under water, their brain may still not receive sufficient oxygen, which can result in a brain injury. Individuals may also be thrown against objects, such as bulkheads, or objects may fall onto them, which could result in a brain injury.
- Electrocutions: Boats are in close contact with the water, and vessels often have a number of electrical components. When these two mix during a crash, it can result in electrocution injuries, which are very serious.
Sadly, the above are just a few of the most common types of injuries sustained in boat accidents. A boat accident attorney in San Francisco can help individuals recover the fair settlement they deserve to recover from these injuries.Call Our California Boat Accident Lawyer Today
If you or someone you love has been in a crash, our San Francisco boat accident attorney at Brod Law Firm is here to help. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case evaluation and to learn more about how we can help.