San Francisco Broken Bone Injury Lawyer
Acts of negligence can result in many serious injuries, including broken bones. In fact, almost 3.4 million people seek medical treatment for broken bones every year throughout the country. These injuries are often classified as catastrophic, as you will not be able to return to work for some time, and your injury will greatly impact your daily life. If you have suffered this type of injury after an act due to someone else’s carelessness, it is important to speak to a San Francisco broken bone injury lawyer. You could be entitled to compensation, and an attorney can help you claim it.What are the Different Types of Broken Bone Injuries?
Fractured and broken bones come in many different forms. Not only are many different bones susceptible to breaking during the crash, but there are also different types of fractures. It is important that you get an accurate diagnosis of your injury so you get the treatment necessary. While the list of different bone injury classifications is long, the most common include:
- Displaced fractures: When an injury is classified as a displaced fracture, the bone has at least one crack and pieces of the bone have become separated. This type of injury often requires surgery.
- Non-displaced fractures: Unlike displaced fractures, a non-displaced fracture means the bone has cracked, but has not separated. Non-displaced fractures are one of the most common types of broken bone injuries. These injuries are also sometimes referred to as stable injuries, which means the bone remains largely intact.
- Open fractures: When an open fracture occurs, the bone has completely broken and punctured through the skin. This type of broken bone injury is one of the most serious, and the risk for an infection setting in is high.
- Simple fractures: Simple fractures are clean breaks in the bone, and the bone does not usually separate. These types of bone injuries are typically easier to treat than those that are more complex.
- Greenstick fractures: Commonly seen in children, these injuries occur when the bone bends, but it does not break.
Regardless of the type of bone injury sustained during a crash, it is crucial that you speak to a San Francisco broken bone injury attorney who can help you recover the compensation you need during treatment.Damages Available in Broken Bone Cases
After suffering a broken bone due to someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible for a number of different damages. The most common of these include:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Ongoing medical treatment
- Rehabilitative care
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
After reviewing the facts of your case, a lawyer can advise on the damages you are eligible for.Our Broken Bone Injury Lawyer in San Francisco Can Help with Your Case
If you have been injured in an accident and suffered an injury due to the careless actions of another person, a broken bone injury attorney in San Francisco at Brod Law Firm is here to help you claim the fair settlement you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation.