San Jose Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyer
Whether they come to take in a Sharks game at the SAP Center, visit the zoo, or take in one of the many other sights, thousands of visitors are welcomed to San Jose every year. Once here, they often stay in a hotel room where they can relax and get a good night’s sleep after sight-seeing. Unfortunately, these stays are not always safe. People become injured in a number of ways on hotel property and one way this happens is when guests are overexposed to carbon monoxide, which can result in poisoning. It has been shown that carbon monoxide poisoning is the fourth-leading cause of fatality in the United States, and these deaths are entirely preventable. California law requires all property owners of dwellings, including hotel owners, to take certain measures to prevent sickness or death on their property. If you or someone you love has been hurt, it is important to speak to a San Jose hotel carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer that can help you claim the full damages you deserve.Common Causes of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Hotels
Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer because this gas is odorless, tasteless, and invisible. A person could be exposed to carbon monoxide and not even know it until it is too late. The most common causes of this type of poisoning on hotel property are as follows:
- Tobacco smoke
- Defective water heaters
- Defective cooking appliances
- Exhaust from idling engines
- Clogged chimneys
- Defective oil, wood, gas, or coal furnaces
- Defective gas clothes dryer
- Boat engines
- Appliances that burn fuel, such as camping appliances, heating units, grills, and pool heaters
To prevent these common items from causing injury or death, California law has placed strict regulations on San Jose hotel owners that must be followed. If these regulations are not followed, and you are injured as a result, a hotel carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer in San Jose can help.The Law on Carbon Monoxide Detectors in San Jose
In 2010, California lawmakers passed the Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act. Under this Act, all property owners of dwellings must install carbon monoxide detectors on their premises and ensure the devices are properly maintained and that they are always in good working order. The law applies to any apartment, home, condo, or hotel that uses appliances that burn fuel, such as furnaces and heaters.
Tragically, hotel owners do not always comply with this law and they prioritize their profit over the well-being of their guests. When that is the case, injured individuals or their loved ones can file a claim to recover medical expenses, lost income, and the loss of love and support of a family member. Before filing a claim, a San Jose hotel carbon monoxide poisoning attorney can help ensure you claim the fair settlement you deserve.Call Our Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney in San Jose Today
At Brod Law Firm, our San Jose hotel carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer is passionate about helping clients that have been hurt due to a hotel owner’s negligence, and he wants to help you, too. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case review.