San Jose Slip and Fall Lawyer
Many people who have never been involved in a slip and fall think these are minor accidents. Unfortunately, that is rarely the case. Slip and falls are often very serious accidents that result in severe injuries including head injuries, back and spine injuries, and broken bones. Recovering from these injuries is very difficult. They cause an extreme amount of pain and cost thousands of dollars to treat. Accident victims are also often unable to return to work for some time afterward. If you have sustained injuries during a slip and fall, you can file a claim against the negligent property owner who caused the harm. If you are successful with your claim, you can recover full compensation for your losses. Our San Jose slip and fall lawyer can help you claim the full damages you deserve.What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in San Jose?
Most slip and fall accidents are caused by negligent property owners. Property owners have a legal duty to keep their premises in a condition that is safe for others to enter. They must inspect their premises regularly to spot hazardous conditions and correct them as they arise. The most common causes of slip and fall accidents are as follows:
- Debris and other clutter
- Slippery floors
- Damaged staircases, including missing handrails and broken steps
- Damaged flooring
- Inadequate lighting
- Potholes in driveways and parking lots
- Damaged and cracked sidewalks
The above are just a few dangerous conditions that can cause a serious accident. Our San Jose slip and fall attorney knows how to hold negligent property owners accountable for paying damages.Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Accident
The steps you take after a slip and fall accident are extremely important, as they can either help or hurt your claim. The most important things to do after a slip and fall accident are as follows:
- Write down any details about the moments leading up to the accident, where the accident occurred, and other conditions that contributed to your injuries.
- Take photos of the scene as soon as possible. This is important to show the dangerous condition before they are corrected by the owner of the premises.
- Notify the property manager, supervisor, or manager about the accident.
- The shoes and clothing you were wearing at the time could serve as important evidence, so keep them but do not wash or wear them.
- Locate witnesses and ask them for their names and contact information.
- Seek medical attention immediately and follow through with all treatment plans.
As soon as possible, you should also speak to a slip and fall attorney in San Jose for advice on your case.Our Slip and Fall Lawyer in San Jose Can Assist With Your Claim
A slip and fall accident can result in very serious injuries. At Brod Law Firm, our San Jose slip and fall accident lawyer understands the severity of your injuries, and can help you claim full compensation for them. Call us now at (800) 427-7020 or reach out to us online to schedule a free review of your case.