San Jose Truck Accident Lawyer
Transport trailers, also known as 18-wheelers or big rigs, are critical to the economy in San Jose. They deliver products such as medication, fuel, food, and other items people use in the city every day. Unfortunately, these trucks can be involved in an accident just like any other vehicle. Unlike other auto accidents, those involving trucks will result in catastrophic injuries due to the immense size and weight of 18-wheelers. If you have been injured, you can file a claim against the negligent party to collect compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and more. Going up against the big truck companies, and the insurance companies that represent them, is never easy. Our San Jose truck accident lawyer can ensure you receive the maximum damages to which you are entitled.What Damages Can You Collect After a Truck Accident?
Truck accident claims are meant to compensate you for any injuries or losses you sustained during a crash. The compensation awarded in truck accidents is legally known as damages and there are many common types available in civil claims. These are as follows:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity, if you cannot return to the same line of work again
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages, in rare cases that involve gross negligence or recklessness
Our San Jose truck accident lawyer will review the facts of your case, including the losses sustained, and accurately value your claim so you receive the full settlement you deserve.How Can a San Jose Truck Accident Attorney Help With Your Case?
While you can file a truck accident claim without first speaking to an attorney, having legal representation on your side will ensure you receive the full amount of compensation you deserve. In addition to accurately valuing your case, a lawyer will also complete the following tasks while working on your claim:
- Identify all liable parties, as there are often multiple parties at fault for a truck accident,
- Conduct an investigation and collect evidence that supports your claim, including inspection and maintenance records from the trucking company,
- Gather medical records to prove the nature and severity of your injuries,
- Determine if the rules outlined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) were violated, which can help prove a case,
- Negotiate with the insurance company to ensure a fair settlement offer is reached.
Accident victims are not usually familiar with the claims process, and navigating it can feel impossible when you are trying to recover from serious injuries. A truck accident attorney in San Jose will handle all of the legal details so you can focus on getting better.Hurt in a Crash? Call Our Truck Accident Lawyer in San Jose
You can file a claim for compensation after a serious crash, but you should not do it on your own. At Brod Law Firm, our San Jose truck accident lawyer will ensure your rights are protected so you obtain the justice you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free review of your case.