San Rafael Aviation Accident Lawyer
Aviation accidents are extremely serious, and while accident victims can seek damages for their injuries, the process is usually quite complex. Airplane crashes and other accidents that involve aircraft are extremely rare, and they require more resources and specialized knowledge than other types of cases. If you or a loved one has been hurt or killed in a plane crash, a San Rafael aviation accident lawyer can help you secure the necessary compensation that will allow you to move forward in your life.Types of Aviation Accidents
The skies in California are nearly as congested as the roads throughout the state. Millions of people fly in and out of airports every day and while some of those airports are commercial facilities, others are private airfields. Crashes involving private jets and airplanes are more common than accidents involving major airlines, but an accident can happen any time and anywhere. The most common types of aviation accident claims that an aviation accident attorney in San Rafael can help with include:
- Charter plane crashes
- Private jet accidents
- Helicopter accidents
- Commuter plane crashes
- Commercial plane accidents
- International plane crashes
After any of these accidents, it is crucial to identify the negligent party so you can hold them liable for paying the compensation you deserve.Determining Liability After an Aviation Accident
The majority of aviation accident cases are caused by the negligence of the flight crew or the pilot. Pilots do not always pay attention to the skies just as drivers do not always pay attention to the road. Additionally, flight crews may not ensure the plane is properly secured, or otherwise act negligently and put people at risk. However, there are other parties that may be potentially liable in an aviation accident case, as well. These parties include:
- Airlines: Airlines are required to make sure their airplanes are safe to use and that all aircraft is properly inspected and maintained at all times. Any time an airline fails to do this, they can be held liable in the event of an accident.
- Private owners: Again, aviation accidents involving a commercial airline are quite rare, but private owners have all the same responsibilities of those major airliners to keep passengers safe. When a private owner does not meet certain obligations, they can be held liable for a crash.
- Manufacturers: All manufacturers have a responsibility to ensure their products are safe to use, and manufacturers of aircraft and the equipment on board are no different. Any time a faulty aircraft or piece of defective equipment causes a crash, the manufacturer can be held liable.
- Maintenance workers or companies: The companies and workers that inspect and maintain airplanes are responsible for making sure they do the job right. When they do not, they can be held liable.
It is extremely difficult to determine liability after an aviation accident. A San Rafael aviation accident lawyer can help identify the at-fault party and hold them accountable.Talk to Our California Aviation Accident Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an aviation accident, an aviation accident attorney in San Rafael at Brod Law Firm is here to help. We know the complexities these claims present, and how to overcome them. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation so we can review your case.