San Rafael Burn Injury Lawyer
Burns are not the minor injuries many people think they are. Burns are extremely painful and costly to treat and they sometimes leave people with permanent scarring and disfigurement. Any accident can result in a serious burn, and there are several different types of burns a person may suffer. Regardless of how a burn was sustained, victims often cannot return to work to earn the money necessary for treatment. When a burn was caused by the negligent act of another person, a burn victim can file a personal injury claim to recover damages that can help offset the cost of their recovery. A San Rafael burn injury lawyer can help individuals recover the full amount of compensation they deserve.Types of Burns
Any negligent act can result in a variety of different types of burns. The most common type of burn injuries are as follows:
- Electrical burns: Any time wires are exposed or are not properly installed, it may result in an electrical burn.
- Chemical burns: When a person is exposed to a strong acid or base, it can result in very serious burns.
- Gas explosions: Gas explosions are most commonly caused by auto accidents, as most vehicles on the road today have gas tanks that can become damaged in the event of a crash. However, defective stoves, heaters, and gas lines can also result in a burn from a gas explosion.
- Burns from fires: Fires cause some of the most serious burns and are typically the first type of burn people think of. These burns can be the result of unattended cigars and cigarettes, cooking accidents, and fireworks.
- Scalding: A scald burn is the result of hot liquids and steam rather than direct contact with heat. Scalding injuries make up approximately one-third of all burn injuries.
- Regardless of the type of burn you or a loved one has sustained, it is important to know what damages you can recover with the help of a burn injury attorney in San Rafael.
There are many different types of damages available in burn injury cases. Like in most personal injury cases, you can recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and pain and suffering. In burn injury cases though, other types of damages that are not as common in other types of personal injury cases.
Due to the fact that burns can cause permanent scarring and disfigurement, they can cause accident victims to suffer embarrassment and shame for the rest of their life. The law recognizes that this is also a loss and so, you can include damages for the loss of quality of life in your claim. A burn injury attorney in San Rafael will advise on these damages, and any other loss you can claim.Our California Burn Injury Lawyers Can Help With Your Claim
If you have sustained a burn injury due to the negligence of another person, a San Rafael burn injury lawyer at Brod Law Firm is here to help with your claim. We know that burn injury claims are unique and will negotiate with the insurance company to ensure you receive the fair settlement you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case review.