San Rafael Slip and Fall Lawyer
Unless you have been injured in a slip and fall, you may think these accidents are not very serious. This is not the case, however. A slip and fall accident can result in debilitating injuries, including broken bones, back and spine injuries, and head injuries. These accidents also typically leave the victim unable to return to work during recovery. California law allows accident victims to file a claim for compensation for these losses, but filing these claims is not easy. Anyone who has been injured in an accident should talk to a San Rafael slip and fall lawyer for the best chance of success.Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Most slip and fall accidents are caused by the negligence of others. When property owners fail to ensure that their property is in a clean and safe condition, they can be held liable for any injuries that result. The most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Slippery floors
- Debris and other clutter
- Damaged flooring
- Damaged staircases, including broken steps and missing handrails
- Poor lighting
- Cracked and damaged sidewalks
- Potholes in parking lots and driveways
When individuals are injured due to any of these conditions, they can hold the property owner responsible for paying damages with the help of a slip and fall attorney in San Rafael.Common Places for Slip and Fall Accidents to Occur
A slip and fall accident can occur just about anywhere, even your own home. However, these accidents most commonly occur on commercial properties such as:
- Movie theaters
- Parks and playgrounds
- Stadiums and sports arenas
- Swimming pools
- Escalators and elevators
- Nursing homes
- Parking lots and garages
- Amusement parks
- Apartment complexes
Due to the fact that commercial property owners and renters typically have large insurance companies representing them, it is best to speak to a San Rafael slip and fall lawyer who can go up against those insurers and claim the damages you need.What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
The steps you take after a slip and fall accident will greatly help your claim. After any accident you should:
- Record the sequence of events that led to the accident including where the fall happened and the conditions that led to the accident.
- Take pictures of the scene before the property owner has a chance to repair the conditions that led to your fall.
- Notify the property owner or manager about the accident.
- Keep the shoes and clothing you were wearing but do not wash or wear them, as they could provide valuable evidence.
- Write down the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Seek medical attention immediately.
After you have received initial treatment for your injuries, speak to a slip and fall attorney in San Rafael for help you through the next steps.Our California Slip and Fall Lawyer can Help With Your Claim
If you have been involved in a slip and fall accident, you know just how serious they are. At the Brod Law Firm, our San Rafael slip and fall accident lawyer is here to help. Attorney Greg Brod has the necessary experience to deal with the insurance companies for you and to negotiate aggressively and effectively so you secure the full amount of compensation you need. When you are hurt, call us at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation.