San Rafael Truck Accident Lawyer
San Rafael, like the rest of California, depends on large commercial trucks to deliver the goods that consumers use every day. Unfortunately, when these massive trucks share the road with other vehicles, it does not always end well. When truck accidents occur here, individuals in the smaller vehicles almost always sustain the most severe injuries. It is important that accident victims know that when they are in a crash with a truck, they can file a claim to recover damages for the losses they have sustained. If you have been hurt, a San Rafael truck accident lawyer can help you secure the fair compensation you deserve.Common Truck Accident Injuries
Trucks are massive and weigh much more than the smaller vehicles on the road. Due to this, the injuries sustained during these crashes can be life-changing. The most common injuries sustained in truck accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries: TBIs can lead to ongoing problems with cognition, sensation, and emotion that will remain with accident victims long after a crash.
- Spinal cord injuries: There are many spinal cord injuries, including herniated discs in the spinal cord. Unfortunately, one of the most common injuries after a truck accident is paralysis.
- External injuries: These injuries include cuts, bruises, burn injuries, and any other injury that is visible on the body. Facial injuries in particular are some of the most common after a truck crash because the face can hit many different parts of a vehicle during a crash.
- Injuries to extremities: The force of a truck crashing into a vehicle can cause a person’s extremities to become crushed and otherwise injured.
Although a person can claim compensation for these injuries, they can also claim for other losses such as the pain and suffering that accompanies them. An experienced truck accident attorney in San Rafael can help victims pursue the compensation they deserve.Liability in a Truck Accident
One of the most complex aspects of any truck accidents is determining which party was negligent and therefore liable for the crash. There are multiple parties that may be to blame, including:
- Truck driver: When a truck driver does not pay attention to the road, drives while fatigued, impaired, or distracted, or is otherwise negligent, they can be held liable for an accident.
- Trucking company: When truck companies fail to maintain or inspect their trucks, or hire inexperienced and unskilled drivers, they can be held liable.
- Loading company: The driver is not always the one that loads the truck. When another company or person performs this task improperly, it can cause the load to shift and cause a truck accident.
- Truck manufacturer: Truck manufacturers are responsible for ensuring their vehicles are safe to drive. When any part is defective and causes an accident, accident victims can seek compensation from the company.
A truck accident attorney in San Rafael can help accident victims determine who was liable for a crash.Let Our Skilled Lawyers Help with Your Claim
After sustaining serious injuries in a truck crash, it is virtually impossible for accident victims to conduct the work a personal injury claim requires. At the Brod Law Firm, a San Rafael truck accident lawyer will conduct an investigation, collect evidence, gather your medical records, and more to give you the best chance of success with your claim. If you have been hurt, call us today at (800) 427-7020 to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our attorneys.