Santa Cruz Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents can result in some of the most serious injuries. While you are recovering from them, the last thing you want to do is negotiate with the insurance company for the fair settlement you deserve. Insurers know this, which is why they are so quick to offer settlements that are very low and will not fully cover the cost of your losses. The insurer is hoping that you will be happy to receive anything at all and accept the lowball offer. If you do, you cannot go back in the future when you need more. If you have been hurt, do not speak to the insurer on your own. Our Santa Cruz car accident lawyer will negotiate with them on your behalf so you claim the full and fair compensation you justly deserve.Important Car Accident Laws in California
There are many state laws that govern car accidents in California. Three important laws that will directly affect your car accident claim are as follows:
- Insurance policy limits: All motorists in the state are required to carry certain amounts of liability insurance. Insurers are only liable for paying up to the limits of a specific policy. A Santa Cruz car accident lawyer will identify all liable parties so you can claim the full compensation to which you are entitled.
- Comparative fault: California is a pure comparative fault state. Under this law, accident victims can still file a claim for damages even if they were 99% at fault for the collision. It is important to work with a lawyer who can defend against accusations of fault. If you are found partly liable for a crash, any damages you receive will be reduced by your same percentage of fault.
- Statute of limitations: All car accidents are governed by a statute of limitations, or time limit, of two years from the date of the crash. If this time limit expires, you will not have any legal recourse to claim the damages you deserve.
A car accident attorney in Santa Cruz will be knowledgeable about all applicable state law that might impact your case.Common Car Accident Injuries
Although many collisions in Santa Cruz are minor and do not result in serious injuries, others are severe and impact victims for months, years, and sometimes the rest of their life. Some of the most common serious injuries sustained during car accidents are as follows:
- Spinal cord injuries, including complete or partial paralysis
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Traumatic brain injuries, including contusions and concussions
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Permanent disabilities
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
The above injuries are not only very painful, but they can also be extremely costly to treat. It is important to file a claim against the liable party so you are not left paying for these expenses on your own.Our Car Accident Lawyer in Santa Cruz Can Help You Claim Full Damages
Filing a claim after a car accident is a complicated process. At Brod Law Firm, our Santa Cruz car accident attorney will make sure your claim is filed on time and handle all the other details so you obtain the full and fair compensation you are entitled to. Call us now at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free review of your case.