Santa Monica Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucks play a very important role in our economy. They deliver the products that people in Santa Monica use every day from food to medication to automotive parts Unfortunately, trucks and truck drivers are not immune from becoming involved in a crash and these collisions are the most serious that occur on the roads. Determining the cause of a truck accident is never easy, but it is one of the most important elements of any personal injury claim so you know who to hold liable for paying damages. Our Santa Monica truck accident lawyer can identify the at-fault party so you can claim full compensation.What Types of Trucks are Involved in Accidents?
Accidents involving 18-wheelers and tractor-trailers are often the first types people first think of when they think of truck accidents. While these large vehicles are certainly involved in many accidents on the road, there are other types of commercial trucks that cause crashes, too. Some of the most common of these include:
- Tow trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Tanker trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
All of the above trucks are far larger and heavier than smaller passenger vehicles on the road. During a crash, it is rare that the occupants of the smaller vehicle will escape unscathed.What Causes Truck Accidents in Santa Monica?
Negligence is to blame for all truck accidents on the road. Negligence is the legal term for failing to take reasonable care to make sure others are safe. The most common types of negligence that cause truck accidents include:
- Truck driver negligence: Speeding, aggressive driving, and impaired driving are just a few forms of truck driver negligence that can cause a serious truck accident.
- Faulty equipment: Manufacturers have a legal duty to make sure the products they create are safe and free of defects. When defective tires, brakes, or other auto parts cause a crash, the manufacturer can be held liable.
- Improperly loaded cargo: Third party companies are often responsible for loading cargo onto and off of a truck. If this cargo is loaded improperly, it can shift during transit, fall off the truck, or otherwise cause a crash.
- Drowsy truck drivers: Truck drivers spend a long time on the road at once. To prevent them from becoming fatigued and causing a crash, the federal government has enacted the hours of service rule. Truck drivers and trucking companies, unfortunately, do not always comply with this law and that can cause a crash.
- Defective road conditions: Government entities have a responsibility to make sure roads are properly designed and maintained so an accident does not occur. When they fail to do this, they can be held liable for any accident that occurs as a result.
The above are just a few of the most common causes of truck accidents. Our Santa Monica truck accident attorney can help determine the cause so you know who to hold liable.Call Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Santa Monica Today
If you have been hurt in a crash, our truck accident attorney in Santa Monica at Brod Law Firm can help you claim the full and fair damages you deserve. Call us now at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free review of your case and to learn more about how we can help.