Sunnyvale Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyer
There is a lot to see and do in Sunnyvale for the thousands of people that visit here each year. Baylands Park is a great place to walk a trail and enjoy the recreational areas, while Sunnyvale Heritage Park Museum is a great place to learn about local history and culture. When people come to the city to visit, they often stay in one of the many quality hotels the city offers. Unfortunately, these stays are not always safe for tourists. There are many ways a person could become hurt when staying in a hotel but one of the main ways is by carbon monoxide poisoning. Hotel owners must take certain measures to ensure visitors are not harmed by this type of exposure. When they fail to take the necessary action to keep people safe, they can be held liable for their negligence. Our Sunnyvale hotel carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer can help you claim the damages you are entitled to.The Law on Carbon Monoxide Detectors in California Hotels
Under state law, all property owners of dwellings are required to install carbon monoxide detectors on their property. When the premises in question involves a hotel, owners must ensure a detector is installed in every room, or every unit. Carbon monoxide detectors are not just the first line of defense when it comes to preventing poisoning. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas, so it is nearly impossible to detect when fumes are in the air.
Hotel owners are not only responsible for installing carbon monoxide detectors, they must also ensure they are using the right ones. Only detectors approved by the State Fire Marshall are allowed to be sold, distributed, or operated in California. All hotel owners must also regularly inspect their detectors and make sure they are in proper working condition. When one is faulty or defective, hotel owners are required to repair or replace them. Any time they fail to take any of these measures, it is considered an act of negligence and they can be held liable with the help of a hotel carbon monoxide poisoning attorney in Sunnyvale.Symptoms of Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide poisoning presents flu-like symptoms, and they are typically noticed shortly after high levels of exposure. Dizziness, headaches, upset stomach, weakness, chest pain, vomiting, and confusion are just a few of the most common causes of carbon monoxide poisoning in hotels.
Tragically, many people do not realize they are experiencing carbon monoxide poisoning in hotels because they largely use these accommodations to sleep. Carbon monoxide poisoning will not necessarily wake a person up. It is possible to lose consciousness before the symptoms are noticed and in many cases, overexposure is fatal.Our Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyer in Sunnyvale Can Help with Your Case
If you or someone you love has become sick or passed away due to high levels of exposure, our Sunnyvale carbon monoxide poisoning attorney at Brod Law Firm can help you make things right. Call us now at (800) 427-7020 or connect with us online to schedule a free review of your case.