We are providing FREE case review via phone for your safety and convenience during Covid-19 emergency. Learn More

Justia Lawyer Rating
badge - Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
badge - Lead Counsel Rated
badge - American Bar Association
badge - Member of San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
badge - The State Bar of California
badge - Avvo Rating 10, Gregory J. Brod, Top attorney

Walnut Creek Bicycle Accident Lawyer

Many people enjoy the advantages that traveling by bike brings in Walnut Creek. Cycling is better for the environment than traveling by car, it provides great exercise, and is an excellent way to enjoy the beautiful weather in the city. Unfortunately, cycling also carries its own set of risks, and cyclists should understand the danger they face every time they head out on the road. When a cyclist is hit by a driver, which happens all too often in California, they can claim compensation for the damages they have sustained. The injuries cyclists incur during a crash can be serious, making these claims often difficult to pursue. A Walnut Creek bicycle accident lawyer can help accident victims secure the compensation they deserve.

Proving a Bicycle Accident Claim

Although it is often clear to a cyclist that the driver was at fault for the crash, they must still prove the driver was negligent and caused the accident. When proving a driver was at fault for a crash, injured individuals must prove:

  • The motorist owed a duty of care to drive in a reasonable manner to keep everyone safe
  • The driver breached that duty and displayed negligence
  • Accident victims suffered damages due to that negligence

Proving a driver was negligent and caused an accident that resulted in serious injury is not easy, particularly for accident victims who are recovering from injuries. A Walnut Creek bicycle accident lawyer will conduct an investigation to collect evidence to prove that the driver was at fault.

Comparative Negligence in Bicycle Accident Claims

After the injured party files a bicycle accident claim against a negligent driver, the other side will likely try to argue that the cyclist was partly at fault for the crash. This is sometimes a valid defense under California’s comparative negligence laws.

The comparative negligence law recognizes that more than one party can be at fault for an accident, and that all negligent parties can be held liable. California follows a pure comparative negligence model, meaning that even if an accident victim is 99% to blame for the accident, they can still seek compensation for the remaining 1% of damages. A negligent driver may argue that the cyclist violated California’s bicycle laws and therefore is partly liable for the accident. This defense limits the amount of compensation the negligent driver must cover.

Due to the comparative negligence laws of the state and how they can greatly affect the compensation a cyclist receives, it is crucial that all accident victims seek the help of a bicycle accident attorney in Walnut Creek right away.

Our California Bicycle Accident Lawyer is Here to Help

Biking is certainly a great way to get around California, but it does pose risks for the cyclist. If you have been injured in a crash caused by a negligent driver, you need the help of an aggressive bicycle accident attorney in Walnut Creek who can give you the best chance of a positive outcome with your case. At the Brod Law Firm, we have a proven track record of success and will fight for your right to secure the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation with our skilled attorney to learn more about how he can help with your case.

Client Reviews
★★★★★
"I am somewhat intimidated by lawyers, however when I met Greg I was immediately at ease. He was compassionate, knowledgeable and extremely easy to talk to. He handled my case professionally and most successfully..." Annette P., Avvo review
★★★★★
"It is difficult for anyone who has not had bedbugs to imagine the extent to which this problem negatively effects every aspect of your life. I contacted Greg Brod, and he was there for us. He listened to our problems..." Ron, Avvo review
★★★★★
"We were extremely happy with the outcome of our specific case, and would absolutely recommend Greg to anyone looking for legal assistance." Celine V., Yelp review
★★★★★
"I was referred to Greg Brod for a car accident I was in and I will now owe the person who referred me, forever." Christine M., Yelp review
★★★★★
"Greg handled our case with a laser-focused determination to right the wrongs we had been forced to endure…Throughout the entire process, we were in constant communication, with Greg always..." America S., Yelp review