Walnut Creek Burn Injury Lawyer
Burns are some of the most excruciating and costly injuries a person can sustain during an accident. Unlike the majority of injuries that result from accidents, burns often change the lives of accident victims and leave them with permanent scarring and disfigurement. Even when this is not the case, treating burns is still extremely expensive, and the treatment itself is usually quite painful. When the accident that resulted in serious burns was caused by someone else’s negligence, victims can hold them liable for paying compensation. A Walnut Creek burn injury lawyer can help victims secure the full amount of damages they deserve.Cost of Burn Injury Treatment
Many people do not realize just how costly burn treatment is for victims. For those who do not have health insurance, these expenses are also life-changing and can leave someone in great financial hardship. Burn treatments cost approximately $10 billion every year, and breaking down those costs for individual accident victims is still very expensive.
- 66% of all burn cases involve permanent disfigurement, which costs between $28,000 and $35,000 to treat.
- Treatment for infections from burns can cost between $58,000 and $120,000
- Psychological complications are common in burn cases, and these injuries cost between $16,000 and $75,000 to treat.
- Skin grafting or delayed treatment for burn wounds can cost between $37,000 and $110,000.
Most Californians are not prepared to pay these costs to treat their burns. It is crucial that anyone suffering from severe burns due to another person’s negligence speaks to a burn injury attorney in Walnut Creek who can help them secure compensation for their treatment.Types of Burns
Of course, the cost of treatment for a burn injury will largely depend on the type of burn sustained. There are three classifications of burns, including:
- First degree burns: The least severe type of burns, these injuries only affect the first layer of skin. These burns typically do not require any treatment beyond first aid.
- Second degree burns: These burns affect both the upper layer of skin, as well as the second layer. Although more severe than first degree burns, second degree burns are still considered to be relatively superficial. First aid may be enough to treat these burns, but medical treatment may also be required.
- Third degree burns: Third degree burns are the most serious and cause the most damage. These burns damage all the layers of the skin and the underlying tissue. Third degree burns are the most costly to treat and take the longest to heal.
Any time a burn injury is severe enough to require medical attention, accident victims should speak to a Walnut Creek burn injury lawyer who can help them secure the damages they deserve.Call Our California Personal Injury Lawyers Today
No one should have to suffer from a burn injury alone. If someone else’s carelessness has caused you to suffer a serious burn injury, a burn injury attorney in Walnut Creek at Brod Law Firm is here to help. Our skilled attorneys understand the severity of these burns, and we know how to hold liable parties accountable. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation and to learn more about how we can help.