Walnut Creek Bus Accident Lawyer
Passengers on a bus trust the driver and the bus company to keep them safe. No one expects an accident to occur, but bus accidents are common in California. Bus accidents are some of the most serious on the road and they result in severe injuries and death. Accident victims have the right to hold negligent parties liable for paying damages, but bus accident cases can get extremely complex. A Walnut Creek bus accident lawyer can help injured individuals secure the maximum recovery they deserve.Buses Defined in Personal Injury Claims
The Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards defines a bus as any motor vehicle that is capable of carrying over 10 passengers. School buses, large vans, public transit buses, and even airport shuttles are legally considered buses. Most buses are considered common carriers and so, they must follow certain state and federal licensing requirements. If you are not sure if the vehicle involved in your accident is legally considered a bud, contact a bus accident attorney in Walnut Creek.Who is Liable for Bus Accident Injuries?
Bus accidents can happen in a variety of ways, and there are a number of vehicles that are considered buses. As such, a bus accident can result in many potentially liable parties. The most common of these include:
- The bus company: Bus companies, such as Greyhound, have certain responsibilities they must fulfill. They must only hire competent and experienced drivers, and have their buses regularly inspected and maintained. When they fail to meet these obligations, they can be found negligent.
- Bus maintenance companies: A bus company may recognize that a bus needs repair and send it to a maintenance company to repair the problem. Maintenance companies are also responsible for ensuring they maintain buses properly and in a manner that will keep everyone safe. Unfortunately, these companies sometimes take short cuts that put people at risk.
- The bus driver: Buses are much more difficult to operate than standard passenger vehicles. Bus drivers must remain attentive at all times and operate the bus safely or they may be found liable for an accident.
- Other drivers: Other drivers may act negligently by texting and driving, or they may cut the bus driver off on the road.
- State and local governments: Governments can cause a bus accident in a number of ways. They may not perform thorough background checks on their drivers, or they may allow roads to fall into disrepair, which could cause a crash. Accident victims can hold governments liable for their injuries, but these cases are extremely complex.
Determining who was liable for your accident is difficult. A bus accident attorney in Walnut Creek can determine who was at fault for the crash and hold them liable.Call Our California Bus Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, call our Walnut Creek bus accident lawyer today. At Brod Law Firm, we know how complex these claims are, but we will guide you through the process to ensure you receive the full settlement you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case review with one of our knowledgeable attorneys.