Walnut Creek Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents happen every day in Walnut Creek and throughout the rest of California. When they do, they cause serious injuries that leave accident victims unable to work at the same time that they have medical bills piling up. For this reason, it is important that injured individuals speak to a Walnut Creek car accident lawyer for help pursuing the compensation they need. There is often compensation available, but the claims process is difficult. An attorney can help those hurt navigate the system and get the justice they deserve.Common Types of Car Accidents in Walnut Creek
Any time a motorist is negligent on the roads, it can lead to a car crash. However, there are some types of accidents that are more common than others. These include:
- Rear-end accidents: These accidents occur when the front of one vehicle slams into the back of another, usually because the car in the back was following too closely.
- Head-on collisions: Some of the worst crashes on the road, these accidents occur when the front of two vehicles slam into each other. They are usually caused by distracted driving, failing to yield, or drunk driving.
- T-bone accidents: These collisions occur when the front of one vehicle slams into the side of another. They are particularly dangerous because there is little room between the side of the vehicle and the driver and passengers inside.
- Rollovers: Often seen with commercial trucks and SUVs, these accidents cause a vehicle to roll over, usually because the driver has lost control.
These are just a few of the most common types of car crashes and when they occur, an experienced car accident attorney in Walnut Creek can help victims file a personal injury claim.Common Types of Injuries in Car Accidents in Walnut Creek
Rarely does a car accident occur in which no injuries result. The most common types of injuries incurred in car crashes include:
- Whiplash: This neck injury occurs when the body remains rigid but the neck moves back and forth in rapid succession, damaging the soft tissues of the neck.
- Head injuries: Concussions, vision loss, speech problems, and tinnitus are just a few of the head injuries commonly seen after a car crash.
- Back injuries: These injuries include anything from ruptured or herniated discs in the spinal cord, to other very serious injuries including paralysis.
- Facial injuries: Broken jaws, dental injuries, and serious cuts and scrapes that can result in infection are just a few common types of these injuries.
- Burn injuries: These injuries cause accident victims immense pain, and long recovery periods.
- Soft tissue injuries: Torn or stretched ligaments, muscles, and tendons, all belong in this category.
- Multiple broken bones: Broken bones are serious and when they occur, accident victims typically need multiple surgeries to recover.
These injuries are not only very painful, but they are also very costly for accident victims to treat. It is for this reason that anyone hurt in a car crash should speak to a car accident attorney in Walnut Creek.A Walnut Creek Car Accident Lawyer can Help
If you have been hurt in a car crash, you should not file a claim on your own. At Willoughby Brod, LLP, our car accident attorneys in Walnut Creek can take care of all of the details while you focus on your recovery. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 for a free case evaluation to learn more about how we can help.