Walnut Creek Child Injury Lawyer
No one should ever suffer from an injury caused by another person’s negligence, particularly vulnerable young children. Unfortunately, children can become injured in a number of different ways. Any time a child is injured, their parents can file a claim for compensation for resulting damages. Although compensation cannot undo the injury, it can help with the child’s medical costs, pain and suffering, and other losses. A Walnut Creek child injury lawyer can help parents file a claim and secure the maximum amount of damages they deserve.Statistics on Child Injuries
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 12,000 children aged 0 to 19 die from injuries every year, and another 9.2 million are treated for injuries in emergency departments. The main cause of death among children is drowning, often in a person’s swimming pool that was not properly gated or fenced. The main cause of non-fatal injuries in young children is falls, which also typically happen on someone else’s property. Car accidents are responsible for most injuries in adolescents. If your child has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, call a child injury attorney in Walnut Creek as soon as possible.Common Causes of Child Injuries
Children can become catastrophically injured in a number of ways. Some of the most common include:
- Defective products: Toys and other children’s products are expected to be safe for children to use but sometimes, they are defective and can cause serious injuries.
- Car accidents: It is not only drivers who become injured in car crashes. Children can become seriously injured in car accidents too, particularly when they are not properly restrained in a vehicle.
- Bike accidents: Bicycling is a fun way for children to get exercise. Unfortunately, motorists often do not look for adults on bicycles; children are much harder to see and their behaviors are more difficult to predict.
- Swimming pool accidents: Swimming pools are very attractive to children, but they are not always supervised. This is why it is so crucial for swimming pool owners to ensure their property is properly secured so children cannot wander into the pool when no one is nearby to watch them.
- Playground injuries: Children can sustain injuries on a playground due to defective equipment or a lack of proper supervision.
- Medical malpractice: Children are just as at risk for medical malpractice as adults, but the injuries can be even more devastating and last throughout a child’s entire life.
- Dog bites: Dog bites always have the potential to cause serious injuries, but they can be even more severe for children that may unknowingly run up to a strange dog, and that are at the same level of a dog’s mouth.
These common causes of child injuries are typically the result of another person’s negligence. A child injury attorney in Walnut Creek can help determine who was liable for a child’s injury, and hold them accountable for paying the necessary compensation.Our California Child Injury Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
If your child has been injured in an accident, do not hesitate to call the Walnut Creek child injury lawyers at Brod Law Firm today. Our attorneys have the experience necessary to determine who was at fault for the accident and will collect evidence to prove your claim. We will file all necessary paperwork and negotiate aggressively with the insurance company to secure the settlement you and your child deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 to schedule a free case evaluation.