Anaheim Truck Accident Lawyer
Like the rest of California, the city of Anaheim depends on large commercial trucks. These vehicles deliver the goods consumers in the city use every day, and they are an important part of the economy. Unfortunately, these massive trucks need to share the road with others as they make their way to their destinations and sometimes, accidents happen. When they do, it is always the occupants in the smaller vehicle that suffer the most. If you have been hurt during a crash, our Anaheim truck accident lawyer can help you claim the maximum damages you deserve.Common Truck Accident Injuries
Trucks are extremely large vehicles, and they weigh 20 to 30 times more than the passenger vehicles on the road. Due to the size disparity, the occupants in smaller vehicles sustain very serious injuries that are often life-altering. The most common injuries after a truck accident are as follows:
- Spinal cord injuries: Back injuries affecting the spinal cord are very common in truck accidents. These can include bulging and herniated discs or in the worst of cases, paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injuries: A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can occur when people inside vehicles hit their head against an object, such as the dashboard, or when their head is struck by something, such as flying shards of glass. TBIs can result in ongoing cognitive and emotional issues, and the effects are often felt long after the crash.
- External injuries: Cuts, burns, bruises, and any other injuries that are visible on the body are known as external injuries. In particular, injuries to the face are very common in truck accidents because this area of the body can come into forceful contact with many different parts of a vehicle during a crash.
- Injuries to extremities: Crushing injuries and amputations are just two types of injuries to extremities accident victims may suffer from after a crash.
If you have been hurt, you can file a claim for compensation for the above injuries and other losses that result from them, such as pain and suffering. A truck accident lawyer in Anaheim can help ensure that you are pursuing the proper damages.Truck Accident Liability
After any accident, you must determine which party was liable, or responsible, for the crash, and this is one of the most complex aspects of any truck accident claim. Unlike car accidents, there are many potentially negligent parties that could cause a truck accident. These include:
- Truck drivers that acted negligently, such as driving while impaired, fatigued, or distracted
- Trucking companies that did not implement proper hiring, training, or maintenance practices
- Loading companies
- Truck manufacturers, when parts of the truck were defective
- Government entities, when a defective road caused a crash
An Anaheim truck accident attorney will conduct an investigation to determine liability after an accident.A Skilled Truck Accident Attorney in Anaheim Can Help With Your Claim
If you have been hurt in a crash, our Anaheim truck accident lawyer at Brod Law Firm will help ensure you recover the fair settlement you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case review with our knowledgeable attorney.