Burbank Lead Poisoning Lawyer
Burbank has existed as a city since the early 1900s. It was during the 1940s that the city truly exploded with the urban expansion of the Los Angeles metropolitan area, as well as the development of the aerospace and aircraft industries. Unfortunately, partly due to the age of the city, it is not uncommon for both children and adults in the area to have high levels of lead in their bodies. When a person's system contains too much lead, they can suffer from lead poisoning, which can result in many different health issues. Property owners and landlords in Burbank have a responsibility to ensure that their premises are safe and free of the presence of lead. If there is lead on the property, such as if a home is outfitted with lead plumbing, the property owner must provide full disclosure about the lead before anyone uses the property. When they fail to do so, they are considered negligent and they can be held liable for paying damages with the help of a Burbank lead poisoning lawyer.Who is Most at Risk of Lead Poisoning?
Lead is a toxic metal that can negatively impact the health of anyone who consumes or ingests it. The body does not recognize lead as a toxin and so, it is easily distributed throughout the bloodstream. Still, there are some people who will most likely experience adverse reactions when they have been exposed to lead. The groups most at risk include:
- Children: Children can become exposed to lead in many different ways. They may play with toys that contain lead, come into contact with contaminated soil, drink from outdated plumbing systems, or play with paint flakes that contain lead. When they are exposed, children can suffer from stunted growth, developmental delays, and lower IQs.
- Pregnant women: Due to the fact that the body does not recognize lead as a toxin, if a pregnant woman is exposed, the lead will travel into the uterus. This has devastating results, as women will usually have a miscarriage if they are exposed to lead.
- Industrial workers: Lead smelters, painters, chemical workers, and auto repair and mechanic workers are at greater risk of being exposed to lead due to the nature of their jobs.
Children are the most vulnerable to lead exposure and so, all parents in Burbank should know the signs to watch for. The most common symptoms of childhood lead poisoning are as follows:
- Pains in the head or abdomen
- Behavioral problems
- A loss of muscle or bone growth
- Developmental delays
- Hearing loss
- Learning disabilities
- Kidney damage
- Nausea, with or without vomiting
After noticing any of the above signs of childhood lead poisoning, it is important to take your child to the doctor. The presence of lead can be detected with a simple blood test. If the test comes back positive, it is important to speak to a Burbank lead poisoning attorney who can help you claim the damages to which your family is entitled.Our Lead Poisoning Lawyer in Burbank Can Help Your Family
At Brod Law Firm, a lead poisoning attorney in Burbank knows the devastating impacts of lead exposure, and is dedicated to helping families pursue the justice they deserve. He can help you and your loved ones, too. Call us now at (800) 427-7020 or reach out to us online to schedule a free case review.