Fairfield Brain Injury Lawyer
Millions of Americans suffer from brain injuries every year, and many of these injuries are the result of another person’s negligence. Slip and fall accidents are the main cause of brain injuries due to accidents, while car accidents are the second-leading cause. Brain injuries are not only life-changing for accident victims, but they are also costly to treat. If you or a loved one has suffered from a brain injury due to the carelessness of another person, it is important to speak to a Fairfield brain injury lawyer.Types of Brain Injuries
The term ‘traumatic brain injury’ is broad and includes a number of different injuries. The most common types of brain injuries include:
- Coup-contrecoup injury: These injuries are a result of something impacting the brain, causing it to slam against the opposite side of the skull. This results in an injury at the site of the impact, as well as the opposite side of the brain.
- Concussions: A concussion is typically the result of a sudden blow to the head, which causes the brain to shake inside of the skull. People often think a concussion is a minor injury, but it can keep a person from working and performing other daily activities for months.
- Brain contusion: A contusion refers to a bruise, but bruises on the brain are extremely serious and can require a long recovery time.
- Diffuse axonal injury: Similar to concussions, diffuse axonal injuries are also a result of the brain shaking inside the skull. However, with this type of brain injury, the shaking creates such force that the connections between the brain and the brain stem may tear.
- Second impact injury: Brain injuries are even worse for individuals that are already recovering from one and sustain another injury. Secondary impact injuries will typically require much longer recovery times for both injuries.
Although the above may list the most common brain injuries, accident victims should speak to a brain injury attorney in Fairfield any time they sustain a brain injury and need to recover compensation.How Much is a Brain Injury Case Worth?
No injury lawyer can accurately evaluate your claim without first reviewing the facts of the case. Several factors will influence the amount of damages you can receive including:
- Your medical costs
- The amount of income you lost because you could not return to work
- Whether you can return to the same line of work in the future
- The severity and permanence of your injury
- Whether the injury has affected your relationship with your partner
- Whether the defendant acted with gross recklessness or carelessness
- The cost of any household services or home care you require
It is sometimes difficult for accident victims to understand the full amount of damages they are entitled to, but a brain injury attorney in Fairfield will help you recover all of your losses.Contact the Brod Law Firm Today
If you or a loved one has suffered from a brain injury and you want to file a claim, it is important that you do not wait. At the Brod Law Firm, a Fairfield brain injury lawyer will investigate to determine which party was at fault, and hold them accountable for paying the full amount of damages you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation so we can review your case.