Fairfield Broken Bone Injury Lawyer
Any number of accidents can cause a broken bone and because these injuries are so common, many people think they are not serious. Unfortunately, that is not true. Suffering a broken bone is extremely painful. Accident victims will incur very high medical bills, have long hospital stays, and will not be able to function in the same way for some time. If you have suffered a broken bone as a result of someone else’s negligence, or carelessness, our Fairfield broken bone injury lawyer can help you claim the damages you need.Common Types of Broken Bone Injuries
Accident victims suffer from various different types of broken bones during an accident. The type of injury will depend on the type of accident, the point of impact, the force of the impact, and more. The most common types of broken bone injuries that form the basis of accident claims include:
- Skull fractures
- Facial fractures
- Temporal bone fractures
- Femur fractures
- Broken or cracked ribs
- Broken pelvises and hips
- Crushed fingers, arms, legs, or toes
- Broken collar bones
- Femoral neck fractures
- Foot fractures
- Wrist fractures
- Broken ankles
The above injuries are very serious, painful, and limit a person’s range of motion significantly.Common Causes of Broken Bones
Our Fairfield broken bone injury attorney has a long history of helping accident victims that have suffered a broken bone in a number of different types of accidents. The most common of these include:
- Car crashes: Due to the forceful impact of car crushes, accident victims suffer a number of crushed and broken bone injuries.
- Bicycle accidents: Cyclists may suffer a broken leg after a car crashes into them, or they may break bones as they fall to the ground. Even when wearing a helmet, skull fractures are also common after these accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents: Like bicyclists, pedestrians may suffer a broken bone in the area of impact after being hit by a car. Pedestrians are also likely to fall down, breaking more bones as they hit the ground.
- Slip and fall accidents: Due to the nature of falls, and the fact that many people put out their hands for protection, broken wrists, hands, legs, and shoulders are commonly seen after slip and fall accidents.
Even when you know what caused your injury, it is still important to speak to a broken bone injury lawyer in Fairfield who can help you identify the liable party.Damages Available in Broken Bone Injury Cases
When filing a claim for damages after an accident, you can recover all of your losses. The most common damages available in broken bone injury cases include:
- Medical costs, including emergency medical expenses, physical therapy, and ongoing medical treatment
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If you have been hurt by someone else’s negligence, our Fairfield broken bone injury lawyer at Brod Law Firm is here to help you recover the maximum damages you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case review.