Fairfield Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
The brain is the most powerful organ in the body. It controls how you breathe, your heart rate, and even your ability to wake up in the morning. When the brain is damaged, it cannot always heal itself, and such injuries may result in deficits to vital functions. It is impossible to predict the outcome of any brain injury, but all brain injuries are serious. Accident victims can hold negligent parties liable after suffering a brain injury, but these claims are not easy to carry through on your own. A Fairfield traumatic brain injury lawyer can help you navigate the claim process if you have been hurt.Complications of a Brain Injury
Brain injuries may produce a number of symptoms right away, while other times they will not elicit any symptoms at all. However, brain injuries can result in other complications, as well. These include:
- Increased cranial pressure: Any injury to the brain can result in swelling and fluid may build up in the brain. This swelling can result in more damage to the brain and can limit the blood flow to the brain. Increased cranial pressure is a condition that has the potential to be life-threatening.
- Low blood pressure: When a person’s blood pressure drops, it can limit the amount of oxygen to the brain.
- Fever: The brain is responsible for controlling the body’s temperature, among other functions. When the brain is injured, it can no longer perform that function, which could result in a fever. Fevers that are very high can result in convulsions, and other serious complications.
- Pneumonia: A brain injury on its own will not result in pneumonia. However, when accident victims must remain in bed for a long period of time and with little movement, the lungs do not have a chance to clear themselves, which can result in pneumonia.
Unfortunately, these are just a few of the most common complications associated with brain injuries. Accident victims can include any losses due to these complications in their claim for the brain injury, as well. If you are not sure which damages to claim after your injury, reach out to a traumatic brain injury attorney in Fairfield for help.What is a Brain Injury Claim Worth?
It is difficult to determine how much any specific brain injury claim is worth without first analyzing the facts of the case. The damages available in your claim will depend on:
- The severity of your injury: The more severe your injury is, the more it will affect your life. A claim will help you recover all of your losses so the more losses you incurred, the greater your claim will be.
- Your age and overall health: Brain injuries often mean the accident victim cannot return to work, or cannot return to the same line of work ever again. Your ability to work before your accident will greatly determine the value of your claim if you cannot return, particularly if you are of a younger age and are in good overall health.
While the above two factors are the main two that will determine the value of your claim, there are others, as well. For example, if a brain injury interferes with an intimate relationship with your spouse, you can include those damages in your claim, as well. You Fairfield traumatic brain injury attorney will help you calculate the appropriate damages to claim in your case.Our California Brain Injury Lawyer Can Provide the Legal Advice You Need
If you or someone you love has suffered a brain injury due to the negligence of another person, our traumatic brain injury lawyer in Fairfield can assist with your claim. At Brod Law Firm, our skilled attorney knows how to identify the liable parties and hold them accountable for paying the maximum settlement you need. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case review.