Oakland Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyer
According to the American Council on Science and Health, carbon monoxide kills more people in the country than terrorism and mass shootings combined. Our Oakland carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer has the necessary experience with these cases. You can file a claim if you or someone you love has been harmed as a result of negligent carbon monoxide poisoning. These cases though, are extremely complex, largely because multiple parties may be found liable. Our skilled attorney can overcome the challenges these claims present so you obtain the maximum compensation you deserve.What Is Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer. It is an invisible gas that is odorless and colorless. By the time someone has suffered serious harm, it is often too late. Many people do not realize that they are at great risk from suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Truthfully, many of the items we use every day have the potential to cause serious injury and death from this gas. Some of the most common items to cause carbon monoxide poisoning are as follows:
- Boat engines
- Household fires and wildfires
- Water heaters
- Car engines
- Washers and dryers
- Tobacco smoke from cigarettes and cigars
- Camping equipment
Carbon monoxide symptoms are usually very severe. The most common of these include:
- Nausea, with or without vomiting
- Shortness of breath
- Vision changes
Tragically, people do not always realize they are experiencing these symptoms. This is because carbon monoxide poisoning often occurs when people are asleep. Even when victims are awake, the poisoning can cause them to become unconscious, and they continue to inhale the noxious fumes. This is often fatal.Who Can File a Carbon Monoxide Claim?
Nearly everyone who has been hurt by carbon monoxide poisoning can file a claim against the negligent party with the help of a carbon monoxide poisoning attorney in Oakland. People who are most vulnerable to carbon monoxide poisoning are:
- Children: Children and younger adults require more oxygen because they breathe more rapidly. As such, they are more likely to suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Older adults: Older adults are more susceptible to suffering serious harm any time they are in an accident because they often have immunocompromised illnesses. When exposed to carbon monoxide, seniors are more likely to suffer severe symptoms.
- Unborn children: Babies in the womb also require more oxygen to breathe and so, they are more vulnerable when the mother is exposed to carbon monoxide. Unfortunately, California law does not allow for wrongful death lawsuits to be brought due to the death of an unborn child.
If you or someone you love has been exposed to a toxic substance such as carbon monoxide, our Oakland carbon monoxide poisoning attorney at Brod Law Firm can help. Attorney Brod knows how to determine who is liable for your injuries and will hold them accountable for paying the full damages you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation.