Palm Springs Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyer
Approximately one million people come to Palm Springs every year to stay in the fine hotels the city offers, and another 600,000 stay in non-hotel accommodations. While the majority of people that stay here leave with only fun memories and precious souvenirs, others become extremely sick. In the most tragic of instances, people do not even survive their stay. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a real threat in Palm Springs, which is why California law imposes strict regulations on hotel owners. Sadly, not all business owners comply with these laws, prioritizing their own profits over the health of their guests. When this is the case and you or someone you love has been hurt, our Palm Springs hotel carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer can help you file a claim for damages against the property owner.Why Is Carbon Monoxide Poisoning So Common in Hotels?
Many people do not realize just how much carbon monoxide is present on hotel grounds. Carbon monoxide is created any time a combustible engine uses oil, wood, charcoal, gas, or kerosene as fuel. There are many types of these engines on the grounds of a hotel. Some of these are as follows:
- Room heaters
- Charcoal and gas grills
- Hot water heaters
- Wood-burning stoves
- Cooking ranges
These accommodations are found in many places in a hotel and one property can contain hundreds of them. Considering that, it is quite easy to see why carbon monoxide poisoning in hotels is so common. Hotel owners are required to ensure that any space that contains a source of carbon monoxide is well ventilated, and to install carbon monoxide detectors in all areas, including guests’ rooms. When hotel owners refuse to do this and someone becomes hurt, they can be held liable for their negligent actions with the help of a hotel carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer in Palm Springs.Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide is known as a silent killer because it is odorless, tasteless, and invisible. Hotel guests often suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning when they are asleep in their hotel rooms, which can result in tragedy. However, sometimes guests are woken up with flu-like symptoms. These can include nausea, vomiting, confusion, and extreme fatigue.
Even when a person develops these symptoms, carbon monoxide poisoning is not easy to diagnose. A doctor may look for signs of brain damage, particularly if the person was exposed for a long time and had not been in a car accident or experienced other types of trauma. It is important to get a medical diagnosis for carbon monoxide poisoning, as it is important evidence for any future claim you file against the hotel.Our Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney in Palm Springs Can Help with Your Case
If you have stayed in a Palm Springs hotel and were exposed to carbon monoxide as a result, you need sound legal advice. At Brod Law Firm, our Palm Springs hotel carbon monoxide poisoning attorney can advise you of your legal options and give you the best chance of recovering the fair settlement you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case review.