Palm Springs Lead Poisoning Lawyer
In Palm Springs and throughout the rest of California, it is becoming increasingly clearer that children have high levels of lead in their bodies. Those high levels of lead interfere with a child’s development and cause them multiple health problems. Children are more susceptible to lead poisoning because it accumulates in their bodies faster than it does in adults. The damage lead poisoning causes cannot be reversed, and children may live with the harmful impacts for their entire life. Many cases of lead poisoning are due to the negligence of another person. Landlords and property owners do not always ensure their premises are safe and that causes great harm. If you or your child has suffered from dangerously high levels of lead, you can file a claim for damages. A Palm Springs lead poisoning lawyer can ensure you receive the full compensation to which you are entitled.Who is at Highest Risk of Lead Poisoning?
Anyone can suffer from lead poisoning if they have come into contact with lead or have been exposed to the toxic chemical. Even just one exposure can place a person at risk of suffering serious health issues. Some people are more at risk of exposure than others, though. These individuals are as follows:
- Children: Children who are exposed to lead typically suffer from stunted growth and lower IQ levels. Children become exposed to lead in a number of ways, including coming into contact with contaminated soil, outdated plumbing systems, and paint flakes.
- Expectant women: Unborn children are also at risk when pregnant women are exposed to lead, and this can have devastating results. When lead makes it way into the body, the body mistakes it for a beneficial and healthy mineral. The lead is then distributed throughout the body, including the uterus. Pregnant women who suffer from lead exposure will often have a miscarriage.
- Industrial workers: Many industrial workers are exposed to lead. These individuals include painters, lead smelters, chemical workers, and those in automotive repair jobs.
Due to the fact that children are so vulnerable when they are exposed to lead, it is important for all parents to know the symptoms to watch for. The most common of these include:
- Behavioral issues
- Pain in the abdomen or head
- A loss of bone or muscle growth
- Developmental delays
- Hearing loss
- Learning disabilities
- Kidney damage
- Nausea and vomiting
Any time these symptoms are seen in children, it is important to take them to a doctor for a blood test. If high levels of lead are found in the blood, parents should then speak to a Palm Springs lead poisoning attorney who can help them claim full damages.Call Our Lead Poisoning Lawyer in Palm Springs for Legal Advice
At Brod Law Firm, our lead poisoning attorney in Palm Springs has seen the devastating effects of lead exposure. If you or your child has suffered due to lead poisoning, call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free review of your case and to obtain the legal advice you need.