Pasadena Car Accident Lawyer
Many of the car crashes that happen in Pasadena are minor and do not cause serious injury or significant property damage. Others, though, result in catastrophic injuries that impact the victim for the rest of their life. If you have been hurt, you can file a claim to offset the financial burden imposed by the accident. Negotiating with the insurance company for the fair compensation you deserve, though, is never easy. Additionally, if you do not understand the laws that govern these cases, you could make a small mistake that could place your entire claim in jeopardy. After any car accident, you need someone on your side to fight to ensure your rights are upheld. Our Pasadena car accident lawyer will communicate with the insurer on your behalf so you obtain the maximum compensation you justly deserve.Important Car Accident Laws in Pasadena
There are many laws that govern car accidents in Pasadena, and throughout California. Three of the most important laws are as follows:
- Minimums on insurance policies: All drivers in Pasadena must purchase a minimum amount of liability insurance under state law. Drivers rarely purchase more than the limited amounts, which include $15,000 for injury or death per person or $30,000 for injury or death for the entire accident. You can file a claim with the insurance company, but you can only obtain up to the maximum amounts on the policy. If you exhaust these limits, you may have legal options, and our Pasadena car accident lawyer can advise on what those are.
- Comparative fault: California is governed by a pure model of comparative fault law. Under this law, you can still file a claim for damages even if you were 99% to blame for the crash. Any damages you are awarded, however, will be reduced by your same percentage of fault.
- Statute of limitations: In order to successfully claim compensation, you must file your claim within a certain period of time. This is known as the statute of limitations, and under this law, you have just two years from the date of the accident to file a claim, or you will forfeit any damages you are due.
Contrary to what many people believe, a car accident can result in extremely serious injuries. Some of the most common of these include:
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries, such as concussions and contusions
- Neck injuries, including whiplash and sprains
- Back injuries, such as herniated and ruptured discs and lumbago
- Broken bones
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Permanent disability
- Soft tissue injuries
The above injuries are not only extremely painful, but the treatment for them is also expensive. Our Pasadena car accident attorney can help you recover damages to offset the financial burden they impose, as well as the pain and suffering you experience.Call Our Car Accident Lawyer in Pasadena for Maximum Damages
After a car crash that was someone else’s fault, you deserve compensation for your injuries. At Brod Law Firm, our car accident attorney in Pasadena can help you obtain it and will handle every aspect of your claim so you can focus on your recovery. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or connect with us online to schedule a free review of your case.