Pasadena Truck Accident Lawyer
The roads in Pasadena can become congested, and this can lead to a number of accidents, including those involving large trucks. Transport trucks, 18-wheelers, tow trucks, and garbage trucks are important to the economy because they provide the goods and services people in Pasadena use every day. Unfortunately, these trucks are often involved in accidents that cause some of the most serious injuries that are painful and costly to treat. If you have been injured, you may be able to file a claim for financial compensation. Going up against truckers, the companies they work for, and truck manufacturers is never easy. Our Pasadena truck accident lawyer can help you obtain the full damages you deserve while you focus on getting better.What Causes Truck Accidents in Pasadena?
Accidents involving trucks happen in a number of ways, but nearly all of them are caused by a person’s or entity’s negligence, or carelessness. Negligence can take many forms, but some of the most common include the following:
- Fatigued driving, particularly when a driver wants to get to a destination more quickly or is encouraged by the company they work for to stay on the road for longer than what is allowed by law
- Speeding, also because drivers face tight deadlines for delivering cargo
- Distracted driving caused by phones, in-vehicle systems, and eating
- Impaired driving, as many truckers believe alcohol or drugs can help them remain awake
- Improper turns, especially when the truck driver does not have enough experience
- Improper hiring or training of drivers by trucking companies who want to take shortcuts to preserve their profits
- Improperly inspected or maintained trucks, so companies can also protect their bottom line
Unfortunately, your word alone that another person’s negligence caused the crash is not enough after a truck accident. There are four elements of negligence that you must establish. You must first show that the negligent party owed you a duty of care and that they breached that duty. You must also show that the breach of duty, or negligent act, caused the accident and that you sustained injuries and other losses as a result.
When proving someone else was negligent and caused the accident, you must present strong evidence that corroborates your claim. This evidence can come in the form of pictures and video footage of the accident, eyewitness statements, employment records, and other documentation from the trucking company, and physical evidence from the accident scene, such as broken bumpers or skid marks on the road. Collecting this evidence is never easy, especially when you are trying to recover from serious injuries. Our Pasadena truck accident attorney will collect it so you can focus on getting better.Call Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Pasadena for Help with Your Case
After a crash, our truck accident attorney in Pasadena at Brod Law Firm can conduct an investigation to determine who is liable and collect the necessary evidence to prove your case. We can handle all of this and more so you obtain the full and fair damages to which you are entitled. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free review of your case with our knowledgeable attorney.