Richmond Electrocution Lawyer
The world today is dependent on electricity. Homes and workplaces contain many different electrical appliances and sockets. Most of the time, these items are perfectly safe. Still, sometimes they malfunction and accidents occur. In many cases, these accidents are the result of negligence on the part of manufacturers, property owners, and others. If you or someone you love has been hurt by an electrocution accident caused by another person, our Richmond electrocution lawyer can help you claim the damages you deserve.What is Electrocution?
Officially, electrocution refers to a fatal accident when a person’s body comes into contact with a live electrical current. The word comes from combining the words ‘electricity’ and ‘execution.’ Today, the term electrocution refers to any time a person comes into contact with an electrical current and sustains an injury or is killed as a result.Common Causes of Electrocution in Richmond
Any act of negligence can result in an electrocution. The most common of these are as follows:
- Damaged extension cords, power cords, and chargers that are not repaired properly
- Defective electrical appliances
- Misuse or overuse of extension cords
- Power lines that are not properly maintained
- Live wires at the site of renovation projects and construction sites
- Electrical elements that are exposed and close to water
Any time you are hurt by one of these causes, you should speak to an electrocution lawyer in Richmond, who will advise you on the laws in California and how they apply to your case.Common Injuries After an Electrocution Accident
The injuries sustained after an electrocution accident will depend on the strength and type of the electric current, the length of time you were exposed, and your own health before the accident. Some of the most common injuries that are caused by an electrocution accident include:
- Muscle spasms
- Cardiovascular problems, including heart attacks
- Coma or loss of consciousness
- Loss of vision or hearing
- Loss of feeling in extremities
The injuries after an electrocution accident are extremely serious. They are also very costly, which is why victims typically need to file a claim for damages afterward.What to Do After an Electrocution Accident
The steps you take after an electrocution accident are very important. The most important actions include:
- Remove yourself from the source of the shock.
- Call 911.
- Document the scene with pictures of the hazardous condition and your injuries.
- Collect information from witnesses.
- Write a detailed account of what happened.
- Contact an electrocution attorney in Richmond
These steps will not only ensure that you get the help you need after an accident, but also that you protect any future claim you may file.Our California Electrocution Accident Lawyer is on Your Side
If you or someone you love has been hurt or killed in an electrocution accident, our Richmond electrocution attorneys at Brod Law Firm are here to help. We will guide you through the personal injury process and help you recover the maximum damages you need to recover from your injury or loss. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case review with our experienced attorney.