Sacramento Construction Accident Lawyer
Of all the jobs available in California, construction is by far one of the most dangerous. Construction workers know this, which is why so many precautions are taken on and around construction sites. Still, safety measures are often not enough and people become hurt on construction sites all too often in the state. Due to the fact that a construction accident can involve many potential liable parties, determining negligence after a construction accident is often difficult. If you have been hurt in or around a construction site, it is essential to work with a Sacramento construction accident lawyer who can help with your case.Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
All construction workers have the right to work in a safe environment, but accidents still sometimes happen. The most common causes of construction accidents are as follows:
- Falls: Falls account for 22% of all accidents on construction sites. Considering that workers are at risk of falling off ladders, roofs, scaffolding, and other high places, this statistic is not surprising.
- Electrocutions: Construction workers are often required to work on incomplete buildings. This means they are at risk of electrocution caused by exposed wires and faulty connections.
- Falling objects: Construction workers often work on multiple levels and if one worker drops a tool or other item, accident victims can sustain traumatic brain injuries, even when they are wearing a hard hat.
- Equipment accidents: Cranes, dumpsters, nail guns, and forklifts are all serious pieces of equipment and can cause great injury, particularly when they are defective.
- Building collapses: The structures construction workers work in are not always stable. When these structures collapse, they have the potential to kill a construction worker.
- Fires and explosions: Flammable chemicals, exposed wiring, and leaking pipes can all cause an explosion or fire that have catastrophic results.
These are some of the most serious injuries a person could sustain on a construction site. A construction accident attorney in Sacramento can help victims claim the compensation they need.Can I File a Construction Accident Claim on My Own?
Many people think they can handle a construction accident claim on their own, but it is highly advised that you work with an attorney. Evidence indicating a third party was to blame will quickly be destroyed after an accident, and you only have a certain amount of time to file your claim. Your Sacramento construction accident lawyer will ensure that your claim is filed properly and on time, and that it includes the necessary evidence to prove your case. A lawyer is also a great benefit when it is time to negotiate, or take the case to trial, which is sometimes necessary in the most serious cases.Our California Construction Accident Lawyers are Here to Help
A construction accident attorney in Sacramento has the necessary experience to hold negligent parties accountable, and give you the best chance of securing the compensation you need. If you or a loved one has been hurt, call Brod Law Firm today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation and to learn more about how we can help.