Sacramento Product Liability Lawyer
No one ever thinks that they will become injured by the products they use, but truthfully, thousands of people are hurt every year by dangerous products they believe to be safe. Even though every industry has standards that must be met, manufacturers and sellers sometimes take shortcuts in order to get products on the market more quickly and make a bigger profit. When this is the case, anyone injured by a defective product should speak to a Sacramento product liability lawyer who can help with their case.Who can be Held Liable for a Defective Product?
Many people think that when they were injured by a defective product, it is always the manufacturer that is to blame. While it is true that manufacturers’ negligence is often the cause of accidents related to defective products, there are other parties that may be liable, as well. These include:
- The designer of the product: Sometimes, businesses design a product and send it to a manufacturer to build. When the product defect was due to a faulty design, the businesses responsible for the design can be held liable.
- Assemblers and installers: Products are often designed and manufactured properly, but when they are sent to another company to assemble or install, it is not done adequately. When this is the case, anyone who assembled or installed the product may be found liable.
- Distributors: Distributors take a product from the manufacturing lines and deliver it to retailers that then sell it to consumers. It is crucial that products are not damaged during this time but if they are, the distributor may be held liable.
- Retailers: Retailers are also responsible for ensuring that when they receive a product, it is stored and displayed properly, and in a manner that will not negatively affect the product or its performance. When retailers do not fulfill this obligation, accident victims can seek damages from them.
Determining whom to hold liable for injuries related to defective products is extremely difficult. A product liability attorney in Sacramento will know how to determine liability and hold the at-fault parties accountable for paying the compensation you need.Damages Available in Product Liability Cases
If you have been injured due to a defective product, there are several different types of damages you can claim through a personal injury lawsuit. The most common include:
- Pain and suffering: Accidents caused by defective products can cause an extreme amount of pain and suffering. California law recognizes this, and the fact that you should be compensated for it.
- Medical expenses: The medical costs associated with an accident due to a defective product are extremely high. An ambulance ride alone can cost as much as $3,000. You can recover all of your medical expenses, including emergency transportation, in your claim.
- Lost income: Sometimes, injuries are so great that you may lose time from work. Or, you may never be able to return to the same line of work again. In either case, you can claim compensation for all of the income you have lost or will lose due to the accident.
These are just some of the most common damages you can claim. The full amount of compensation you deserve will depend on the specifics of your case.A Sacramento Product Liability Lawyer can Help With Your Claim
If you have been injured by a defective product, do not hesitate to call a product liability attorney in Sacramento. At the Brod Law Firm, we have the necessary experience to determine who was liable for your injuries, and we will help hold them accountable for paying the full amount of damages you deserve. Call us today at (800) 427-7020 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation.