Justia Lawyer Rating
badge - Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
badge - Lead Counsel Rated
badge - Avvo Rating 10, Gregory J. Brod, Top attorney
badge - Super Lawyers

San Diego Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Lawyer

From the Hilton to the Marriott to so many other great names, San Diego certainly boasts its fair share of beautiful hotels. While the majority of these hotels provide nothing less than a great stay and wonderful memories for their guests, accidents do happen. Although accidents like slip and falls are common on the property of hotels, so too is carbon monoxide poisoning, and it is something many people do not think about until it is too late. If you or someone you love has been hurt due to carbon monoxide poisoning, you can file a claim for damages that can help offset the financial burden the accident caused. A San Diego hotel carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer can help you claim the full settlement you deserve.

California Law Requires Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Hotels

California law requires carbon monoxide detectors to be installed in all dwellings, including hotels. Owners of hotels are required to not only install the smoke detectors, but to also keep them in good and working condition. When a hotel does not ensure the proper carbon monoxide detectors are installed, or they allow their detectors to fall into disrepair, they can be found negligent in a personal injury claim. If you can successfully prove negligence with the help of a hotel carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer in San Diego, the hotel is then liable for paying full damages.

Any Carbon Monoxide Detectors Installed Must be Approved

In California, only carbon monoxide detectors approved by the State Fire Marshall are allowed to be sold, marketed, or distributed. It is illegal to market, sell, or distribute any device that has not been sufficiently approved. If you suffer harm from carbon monoxide poisoning in a hotel and decide to move forward with a lawsuit, a San Diego hotel carbon monoxide poisoning attorney will conduct an investigation to determine if the appropriate device was installed.

How Does Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in a Hotel Happen?

Carbon monoxide poisoning can happen in a hotel in a number of ways. The devices themselves may be faulty and not detect a leak, in which the manufacturer of the detector would be responsible. Or, a hotel owner may not keep the detectors in the space in proper working condition. Either of these factors combined with gas leaks coming from utility rooms, pool areas, generators, and more can all quickly lead to catastrophe for anyone staying in the hotel.

Call Our Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Attorney in San Diego Today

At Brod Law Firm, our San Diego hotel carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer knows just how devastating the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning can be, and what a harrowing experience it is for families. We also know how to prove whether a hotel owner or manufacturer was negligent and therefore, liable for paying the full damages you deserve. If you or someone you love has been hurt, call us today at (800) 427-7020 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case review with our knowledgeable attorney and learn more about your legal options.

Client Reviews
"I am somewhat intimidated by lawyers, however when I met Greg I was immediately at ease. He was compassionate, knowledgeable and extremely easy to talk to. He handled my case professionally and most successfully..." Annette P., Avvo review
"It is difficult for anyone who has not had bedbugs to imagine the extent to which this problem negatively effects every aspect of your life. I contacted Greg Brod, and he was there for us. He listened to our problems..." Ron, Avvo review
"We were extremely happy with the outcome of our specific case, and would absolutely recommend Greg to anyone looking for legal assistance." Celine V., Yelp review
"I was referred to Greg Brod for a car accident I was in and I will now owe the person who referred me, forever." Christine M., Yelp review
"Greg handled our case with a laser-focused determination to right the wrongs we had been forced to endure…Throughout the entire process, we were in constant communication, with Greg always..." America S., Yelp review